Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Shipping cost

CGN Regular
    I have not ordered from Marstar for abit but last time I did buy a crate of ammo it was very expensive to have it shipped and I am very close in Ottawa. Likely need to negotiate a better rate with their shipping provider. I can buy it cheaper from BC for example and the shipping was less than getting it from Marstar. That being said if you dont ask for a quote for shipping before you get something shipped then you have no right to complain. Its like going into a store and not looking at a price tag.

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicslave View Post
    I have not ordered from Marstar for abit but last time I did buy a crate of ammo it was very expensive to have it shipped and I am very close in Ottawa. Likely need to negotiate a better rate with their shipping provider. I can buy it cheaper from BC for example and the shipping was less than getting it from Marstar. That being said if you dont ask for a quote for shipping before you get something shipped then you have no right to complain. Its like going into a store and not looking at a price tag.
    I would welcome your knowledge and suggestions on how to ahip ammo at cheaper rates.
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer condomboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beargun View Post
    You may wish to give your clients a heads up on the cost of shipping. I was sickened to see my bill for two crates of 7.62x25 ammo with a shipping charge of 263.43. I will not be getting any more ammo from you. PS Trade Ex will ship for free!
    ammo is considered dangerous goods, most companies don't like to ship it so they throw on large dangerous goods fees, usually the only ones that will work with you are Loomis or Canpar and you can go to their sites and get an idea of what it costs... http://www.canpar.ca/en/ship/rate_calculator.jsp
    Ontario to PEI... Google Marstar, postal code K0B1R0, Google PEI postal code, come up with C1A1B6 as an example, two crates of 7.62x25, about 14x19x7 each weighing 48 lbs... click get rate

Shipment Rate

Weight 96.0 lb
    Zone 15
    Transit Time 2 day(s) *
    Estimated Delivery Date 08/18/2015
    Freight Charge $167.77
    Residential Charge $2.75
    Net Charge $170.52
    Estimated Fuel Surcharge Rate 12.05%
    Estimated Fuel Surcharge $20.55
    Subtotal $191.07
    PEI HST $26.75
    Total $217.82**

and there is no option to click for dangerous goods... all extra fees
    If you know how many guns you have... you don't have enough

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by condomboy View Post
    ammo is considered dangerous goods, most companies don't like to ship it so they throw on large dangerous goods fees, usually the only ones that will work with you are Loomis or Canpar and you can go to their sites and get an idea of what it costs... http://www.canpar.ca/en/ship/rate_calculator.jsp
    Ontario to PEI... Google Marstar, postal code K0B1R0, Google PEI postal code, come up with C1A1B6 as an example, two crates of 7.62x25, about 14x19x7 each weighing 48 lbs... click get rate

Shipment Rate

Weight 96.0 lb
    Zone 15
    Transit Time 2 day(s) *
    Estimated Delivery Date 08/18/2015
    Freight Charge $167.77
    Residential Charge $2.75
    Net Charge $170.52
    Estimated Fuel Surcharge Rate 12.05%
    Estimated Fuel Surcharge $20.55
    Subtotal $191.07
    PEI HST $26.75
    Total $217.82**

and there is no option to click for dangerous goods... all extra fees
    I'm afraid you are misleading folks here, as said many times Marstar charges exactly what we pay with the various carriers.... That said please keep in mind that we have heavily discounted contracts will all the carriers we use.... Canpar, UPS, Day & Ross as well as many of the larger carriers....
    For example in the case you mention, shipping is higher to PEI as it is to Vancouver Island.
    Our shipping is estimated at $80.oo
    Please do not mislead our customers....
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer condomboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    I'm afraid you are misleading folks here, as said many times Marstar charges exactly what we pay with the various carriers.... That said please keep in mind that we have heavily discounted contracts will all the carriers we use.... Canpar, UPS, Day & Ross as well as many of the larger carriers....
    For example in the case you mention, shipping is higher to PEI as it is to Vancouver Island.
    Our shipping is estimated at $80.oo
    Please do not mislead our customers....
    John
    Sorry, wasn't trying to mislead, he said he was charged 263.43, you're saying it's estimated at 80.00... the online quote from Canpar I got was 217.82 without dangerous goods fees and not knowing his exact postal code... was trying to say that yes, shipping heavy things is expensive and instead of complaining about what he was charged thinking it's outrageous to see what it might actually cost before making a public thread trying to shame you. I've bought from you before and it was a good experience with reasonable shipping.
    If you know how many guns you have... you don't have enough

Thanks for the info.
    You don't play around with people like me, cause people like me we just don't play.
    Death is the only kindness I show you.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456