Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vltor CASV-14 Rail and QDM14 for M14

Expired Business Member
    Shawn,

Which M14 do you have so people know about that as well.

Chris

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CZ85Combat's Avatar
    I would also be interrested to see if this can fit with the blackfeather stock

Mine is marked M14 Sporter Norinco China.

And this will not work with the black feather. The black feather uses a proprietary op rod guide, and this uses a band around the op rod guide as one of the secure points. If you look in the instruction and pic above you will see the band that goes around the op rod guide.

You can see the band in pic 4 and 6 as well as page 2 of the instructions step 4.

Shawn

Also I have fitted the mount without the op rod guide and everything else lines up perfectly and the rail sits nice and level. Just make sure your op rod guide is in the right spot and this will work for you.

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Well, I ran into an issue but it was rifle related. The op-rod guide it not exactly where it should be. It is about 1mm to far to the rear.

Here you can see the notch for the roll pin is not centered:

This is how it sits now, notice the uneven shinny metal on either side:

This is where it needs to be, notice the material inside the hole:

So make sure you check this before ordering, this mount as the mount is a precision piece and your rifle may not be.

The min distance from the lip of the receiver to the receiver side of the op-rod guide needs to be 6 7/16" or greater.

The max distance from the receiver lip to the muzzle side of the op-rod guide need to be 7 1/16 or less.

*These measurement are as close as I could get with my tape, I don't have precision measuring tools for this large measurements*

Now anyone have any ideas on how I can move this slot? I was thinking of filling it in with jb weld and re drilling it.

Shawn
    Shawn,

I am admittedly no expert but have given this some thought as i am interested in this hand guard as well.

I make no warranty or imply that this will work as you have the actual rifle and hand guard in your hands BUT.....

I would drill it out to allow alignment of the op rod guide in the hand guard.

With the pin reinserted you will have no rotation of the guide (the pin prevents this) then with the tightly machined slots in the hand guard on either side of the guide and the additional mechanical clamping force applied on it from the top, I would suspect you will have no movement of the guide laterally either...... worth trying? it is up to you.... (as an extra measure of security you could drill it out, position it, fill it tight with JB Weld as you had speculated and insert the pin through the wet JB Weld, clamping it in the hand guard assembly and letting it cure before finishing assembly of the rifle)

Worst case Armtac also looks to have nice criterion barrels inbound as well! :D

Not sure you want to risk it but I would say it will work!!!

I have talked to Hungy about it and I am going to re drill it.

I will fill in the current slot with jb weld and let it cure. Once cured I will then center the op rod guide and redrill the hole in the new position. This should stop the drill bit from jumping around. I will post pics after this is done. I plan on doing this sometime this week.

Shawnn

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DARKSTANG's Avatar
    You guys always bring in cool stuff. I think I I need another M14. Damn!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by North Eastern Arms
    Due to the recent Zombie outbreak in the South, we have increased production to Canada. We're doing a big push this month.
    End Quote:

I will fill in the current slot with jb weld and let it cure. Once cured I will then center the op rod guide and redrill the hole in the new position. This should stop the drill bit from jumping around. I will post pics after this is done. I plan on doing this sometime this week.

Shawnn
    Good luck!

Hungry is the man when it comes to these, so you have got the best advice right there.

Shawnn
    Shawn how did this go? Any update? My shorty just arrived and I am really thinking about ordering one. Would love to see some more pics of it installed and how the mounting points fit!

I got the guide moved no problem and the hole re-drilled I will have photos up soon.

But I hit another issue the slot in the side of the barrel are not in the correct place. So I am going to have to do some fitting to get it to work. I will also post pics of this.

Shawn

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast