Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Testing the XCR-M

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MagnumPeanut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rivetc78 View Post
    So you are calling one of them a Liar?

One guy is shooting with a bi-pod and later off-hand on a piece of 4x4, using a $400 2-8x32 leupy.

And Craig (using Johns Rifle) shot sand-bagged using a $3000 Schmidt & Bender PMII 3-12x50.

You figure out why one shot a little better.
    99% of shooting is behind the trigger. I am not going to write a gun off based until I get behind it myself and see if I can get it to work for me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JAGDMORDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XCR_USA View Post
    To the OP, there is another thread going on the lack of accuracey of this gun.
    Us here in the states because of it have all but written this gun off.
    I posted your thread link in that thread. I am posting that one here.
    I need to know which is the truth as I was looking at buying 2, now none.
    Here is the link to the thread,his groups are horrible, yours great, what say you?
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=714714
    I think most versions in the U.S have the shorter pencil barrel, and like the Mini 14's will become less accurate as it heats up. That is my opinion though, and it may not be correct, but it sounded good. Or we are just better shooters up here..:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by JAGDMORDER View Post
    I think most versions in the U.S have the shorter pencil barrel, and like the Mini 14's will become less accurate as it heats up. That is my opinion though, and it may not be correct, but it sounded good. Or we are just better shooters up here..:D:D
    Good theory but the bad grouping report came from Brobee's thread. He's Canadian.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

BANNED
    To the OP, there is another thread going on the lack of accuracey of this gun.
    Us here in the states because of it have all but written this gun off.
    I posted your thread link in that thread. I am posting that one here.
    I need to know which is the truth as I was looking at buying 2, now none.
    Here is the link to the thread,his groups are horrible, yours great, what say you?
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=714714
    You speak for all the of US? Awesome!

How do we know these "testers" who got poor shots are good shots in the first place? I HATE reading or watching some youtube video where some guy is shooting standing while using irons (sadly most people are garbage with them) and shooting ammo he bought for "cheap" or worse gun show reloads and tells the world how poor the gun is at the same time as he says that clips (mags) are too much money to buy so the gun sucks and should be more like his high point 9mm....

SOOO many things to consider when it comes to proper shooting/accuracy

- ammo...usually the better quality the better the groupings
    - proper zeroing of the irons or/scope and more importantly the proper understanding of how to use them
    - known distance to targets
    - proper gun settings...having the gas setting correct on the XCR-M for example plays a big role
    - having a solid rest and proper trigger control matters when doing an accuracy test
    -wind
    -ect, ect

The most important thing of all is the person behind the trigger tho and how good he/she is!

I am sure this gun shoots way better then the AKs, FALs you all fond of down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Until the Angels Fall View Post
    You speak for all the of US? Awesome!

How do we know these "testers" who got poor shots are good shots in the first place? I HATE reading or watching some youtube video where some guy is shooting standing while using irons (sadly most people are garbage with them) and shooting ammo he bought for "cheap" or worse gun show reloads and tells the world how poor the gun is at the same time as he says that clips (mags) are too much money to buy so the gun sucks and should be more like his high point 9mm....

SOOO many things to consider when it comes to proper shooting/accuracy

- ammo...usually the better quality the better the groupings
    - proper zeroing of the irons or/scope and more importantly the proper understanding of how to use them
    - known distance to targets
    - proper gun settings...having the gas setting correct on the XCR-M for example plays a big role
    - having a solid rest and proper trigger control matters when doing an accuracy test
    -wind
    -ect, ect

The most important thing of all is the person behind the trigger tho and how good he/she is!

I am sure this gun shoots way better then the AKs, FALs you all fond of down there.
    And you left one out, not shooting off the mag, that helps too.
    Another thread going in xcrforum.com, guy there who knows how to shoot, getting sub moa at 100 with 2 different loads.
    So who knows whats going on.
    Rob Arm has a great gun but does not have the best history with quality control, so maybe thats whats going on. There are 2 guys i know of that had to send there's back to factory, so like i said, maybe its a quality control thing. I know I never had any of the trouble with my "L"'s that some folks have had.
    Im going to give it another year and see how it pans out.
    I really would like an XCR in 308, but as of now, there doesn't seem to be
    a real consistant picture of this gun.

And you left one out, not shooting off the mag, that helps too.
    Another thread going in xcrforum.com, guy there who knows how to shoot, getting sub moa at 100 with 2 different loads.
    He actually said he had a couple of sub moa groups. Not that it consistantly groups sub moa, or even moa. There's a big difference.
    My old xcr-m had shot a couple sub-moa three shot groups too... it certainly wasn't the norm though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234