Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: CORE 15 Rifle Review

thank you for the honest and informative reviews.

I mod everything of mine. Hell, my gf's sporting a wonderful pair of 36D's, thanks to my penchant for modifications!

Dirt McGirt Yo yall need ta holla at da store on yo celly not postin up in dis ma.

I'm just trying to help others out that were in the same boat I was. There's limited reviews on these rifles to begin with, let alone unbiased ones.

I got my core AR last week. Dont know all that much about AR's so I can't comment that much. But I am really impressed with the finish, feels really nice holding it.

[QUOTE=slydwys;6791268]Ok, so I got out to the range yesterday and was able to shoot the rifle. I shot a few rounds through while sighting in and then, to my surprise, it jammed.QUOTE]

Just wondering, how much oil, and what type did you use on your bolt carrier group and the bolt itself. If the bolt has too much oil on the front lugs, it will jam. It's the 6 O'clock lug "Around there" that pushes the round forward off the top of the mag and rams it into the chamber, and if that is dripping with oil it will jam.

I have a sugestion... you can try this out for yourself if you make out to the range with the same rifle, or others can if they are experiancing the same issues. Use break free/CLP, wipe the carrier down with a lite film... wipe behind the lugs but not on the lugs themselves. Secondly, add 1 drop of Break free down through the cam pin area. Make sure the bolt face, and lugs are clean and dry.. especially the bottom lugs and the chamber where the lugs lock into... bend a Q-tip and swirl it around in the journal just before the chamber... could be a blob of oil in the bottom.

Fire a few rounds.. the oil you put on will start to run, and you can use a Q-tip to further dry off the bottom lugs and the bottom of the carrier. This will give you a good idea of how certain amounts of oil react and spread around.

If there ends up being nothing with this rifle.... Its probly just got too much lube on the forward area of the bolt. This happend to me with a brand new armalite M15 and once I figured the extra lube problem... she NEVER jammed again.

Cheers.

In a bunker south of town, Southern Alberta

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by slydwys View Post
    I'm just trying to help others out that were in the same boat I was. There's limited reviews on these rifles to begin with, let alone unbiased ones.
    I think your doing a great job, I had thought about core, BUT I think I will take a peak at NEA.......

Man that thing is nice to look at! Hope it shoots as good as it looks.

Hey panda1, was good to meet ya the other day. I'll let you know when I'm going back out to flog the other uppers if you wanted to meet up again and try this thing out. Also, the NEA's did look prety good and I did consider one for a while. Maybe I'll have to see if I can get ahold of one to do a side by side vs the CORE15 rifle.

skinnadoor, I was using hoppes 9 oil, and didn't coat the lugs much at all. Just a light film of the stuff with a rag, but will be buying some CLP next. Sounds like that and break free are working the best on the AR's from what I've heard. Also heard that the lighter oils work best as they lubricate well, and don't cause much restriction.

In a bunker south of town, Southern Alberta

Talking

Sounds great to me, Dave would love to come if he is still here!

One quick question, does the flash Hider is welded or it's removable !? ( just threaded)
    Really neat package, I just want to confirm before I put this on my wishlist.
    Thanks

I already sent back my upper, but the new one should be here any day. From what I saw and remember, it's just threaded on. I did take a bit of a look at it, but didn't spend much time checking it out in detail, but no weld marks that I saw.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast