Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: website soon?

AHHHHH .......... The End of the World is just around the corner and still, no web site ;P
    Happiness is a warm gun ...bang, bang, shoot, shoot...

If you think you're mad, just look at the scowl on the face of the owl!

Wix.com offers free website designing tools with thousands of free templates. Just buy a domain from where ever and then pay wix like $5 a month to host it under that domain name. Ive made a few websites on wix and they look professional and are relatively easy to make.

Careful about what you recommend abms1. wix.com... for 5/month u get 500 megs bandwidth and 500 megs storage and no e-commerce. I know of 3 sponsor sites on CGN that would surpass that bandwidth in half a day, and fill that disk space with a weeks worth of uncompressed log files. Sure, wix would be fine for low traffic brochure sites, but recommending such a service to sponsors on a forum as heavy traffic is CGN is frankly naive.
    "They are the most armed, and most free” - Nicolo Macchiavelli, regarding Switzerland

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    recommending such a service to sponsors on a forum as heavy traffic is CGN is frankly naive.
    But it can't be any worse than "Coming Soon".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sgt.rock's Avatar
    I started this thread feb 15 and its now december and still nothing. I give up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rocket Surgery's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoBrook Firearms View Post
    Hi Guys

yes it has been a while, I have maybe the worst luck with web designers, I have a new lady now who is great, she has the site close to where I can put items in etc.
    Close to the point where you can put items in it? A 15 year old kid with drupal and a database can make you a fully functional site with inventory and minimal graphics in like 6 hours, and they'd probably want $40.00, and you'd pay very little for the script. You'd probably pay more to have your logo designed and pay for the domain/hosting than it would be to get the site going.

You'd spend longer writing up the descriptions for the items and all the other fields

BANNED
    Its called a telephone. I just placed an Order for a Kidd bolt... took 5 minutes and you get to talk to a real person....

So website or Not they got my business.... Some of you people should pick a hobby instead of nitpicking....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Its called a telephone.

Yeah, I have one of those. It's right beside my 8-track player.

BANNED
    I carry mine with me... It even tells me weather and I can play angry birds on it....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast