Thread: No licensed visitors on weekends?

No licensed visitors on weekends?

Just a question/comment...

I have been to Target Sports Canada a few different times over the last year as a licensed visitor on the weekend, everytime with unlicensed guests, but recently I arrived with an unlicensed guest on a Saturday morning and was turned away and advised that they only accepted licensed visitor walk-in's during the week. It was busy as always on a weekend, but there were at least 3 lanes available at the time.

Is this standard policy or just something randomly enforced? If policy, why is there no mention of this on the website?

Thanks!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=711237
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

Yea, I saw that earlier today, thats what reminded me to post. Unrelated, as this happened a few weeks ago.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jwirecom109's Avatar
    ht tp://www.targetsportscanada.com/page/unlicensed-visitors/1000929

Sounds like they were busy and fed you some made up crap.

Unlicensed Visitors

We welcome the new and inexperienced shooter with open arms.

Walk-ins are welcome from opening at 10am on weekdays and 11am on weekends until one hour before closing, and are taken on a first come - first served basis (pending availability of Range-Officers and space on the range).
    Please be aware that weekends are extremely busy and even though walk-ins are a first come first serve basis, depending on how many people are waiting in line, you might not be able to get on the range. We strongly recommend you call ahead ask for availability.
    Range policy is no single shooters, minimum is two people. Even if only one person shoots, you have to come with a buddy.
    Photo ID with PROOF OF ADDRESS is absolutely mandatory. Drivers licence, Passport, Police or Military ID are the only acceptable forms of ID.
    Large groups of 6 or more require a Booking Form completed and sent in to confirm the reservation.
    Reservations are to be made at least 4 weeks in advance for the weekends and 2 weeks in advance for the weekdays. Please note that there are limited number of time slots available per day. Small groups of less than 6 can make a reservation for next day visit, WEEKDAYS ONLY. No deposit or booking form required, just call us to reserve a spot. Be sure to be here 10 minutes before your reseravtion, your reservation will not be held past your booked time.

NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!

It is our philosophy that we will not grow the sport without showing the novice just how much fun and rewarding target shooting really is.

Many people have no desire to own a Glock, but have always wondered what it would be like to shoot one. Now you can have the chance.

If you are unlicensed, you are welcome to come in and participate in a firearm “Familiarization shooting” session. In this session, you will be instructed on firearm safety, firearm manipulation and given direct supervision while shooting the firearm or firearms of your choice.
    Prices:

The day pass for adults is $40 per person (18 years or older) plus the cost of the ammunition that you consume.
    Accompanied youth (under 18) : $20
    Effective as of January 1 2012, the day pass on Saturdays and Sundays will be $50 per person, $25 per youth. Weekday prices stay the same.

As an unlicensed shooter, you cannot purchase ammunition. It must be supplied by us and used up before you leave the facility. We only provide full boxes of new factory ammunition to ensure safety and reliability.

While you are not “purchasing” ammunition, the price you will pay for the consumption of the facility’s ammunition is approximately:

Pistol

50 rounds of 9mm: $25.00
    50 rounds of .40S&W: $35.00
    50 rounds of .45ACP: $40.00
    6 rounds of .44Mag: $10.00
    5 rounds of 12Ga: $10.00
    6 rounds of .38Spl: $5.00
    Rifle

50 rounds of .22LR $10.00
    5 rounds of .223: $10.00
    Group Rate
    This package is mandatory for groups of 6 or more:

6 to 11 people = $100 per person
    12 or more = $85 per person

Each person shall receive:

20 rounds of 9mm
    10 rounds of 40 Calibre
    6 rounds of 38 Special
    8 rounds of 45 Calibre
    3 shells of 12 gauge 00 buckshot

There will be a different variety of firearms to put these bullets through.

Dress:

Attire is mostly up to the individual; whatever is comfortable. However occasionally, a hot casing lands somewhere you don’t want it, so for your own safety and ours:

Women are encouraged to bring a light jacket or something to cover their cleavage while shooting;

A ball-cap is recommended for everyone, to keep hot casings out of your face; and

Please! No sandals or flip-flops, you don’t want a hot casing between your toes, and we don’t want you hopping around on one foot with a loaded gun in your hand.
    Procedure:

To get you participating as quickly as possible, we have kept the administration to a minimum:

We have a waiver to read and sign (PHOTO ID MUST BE SHOWN), after which, we will run through the range rules and a short safety briefing.

All safety equipment is provided!

Each person is then individually shown the correct handling of the guns and will shoot under the direct supervision of a Range Officer.

Shooters will be coached on correct style and technique, and will be given plenty of opportunity to improve their shooting.

Our emphasis is for the shooters to have fun while experiencing shooting in a clean and safe environment.

Therefore:
    No one impaired by alcohol, drugs or medication is permitted to handle firearms.

Others not shooting can observe from outside the range area or they may, as safety permits, observe from the shooting line.
    The Only good Zombie is a dead zombie. Unless that zombie is in a room full of liberal pigs, enjoy your gun control. - Jwirecom109 (ME!)
    A government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.” - Ayn Rand

My thoughts exactly, but was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

All of my previous visits were positive, and the staff were always welcoming, but the particular staff member I dealt with the last time was basically telling me to get lost. If it was policy, he still didnt have to be such an ass about it.

Oh well. If it is company policy, I accept it and move on, just wish I knew before I drove all the way down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwirecom109 View Post
    ht tp://www.targetsportscanada.com/page/unlicensed-visitors/1000929

Sounds like they were busy and fed you some made up crap.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jwirecom109's Avatar
    Contact JR the owner, he is on CGN he will get it sorted
    The Only good Zombie is a dead zombie. Unless that zombie is in a room full of liberal pigs, enjoy your gun control. - Jwirecom109 (ME!)
    A government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.” - Ayn Rand