Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Czech Small Arms Sa vz.58 rifles (5.56x45mm)

when will the non restricted rifle be available again?

Just to reconfirm what was mentioned previously, Czech Small Arms (vz.58 rifles) and Česká Zbrojovka Uherský Brod (CZ858 rifles) are two completely different factories.

CZ858 rifles will not function with the CSA AR-15 mag well adapters. What will it take to modify CZ858 rifles to work with our AR-15 mag well adapters - I don't know? Even if a modification is performed, I don't know if it will reliably function? The intent or our AR-15 mag well adapter is to be used with CSA manufactured 5.56x45mm rifles.

Thanks,
    Dan
    Last edited by CSA-North Sylva; 02-21-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CSA-North Sylva View Post
    The intent or our AR-15 mag well adapter is to be used with CSA manufactured 5.56x45mm rifles.
    I realize that the AR adapters were originally developed for use in 5.56x45mm rifles using standard AR mags however, there is a lot talk/speculation around here that the adapters will fit the new CSA vz.58 rifles in 7.62x39mm. If true, this would allow for Canadians to use 10 round 7.62x39mm AR magazines over the standard legal 5 round factory mags.

Could you shed some light on this please? I am looking at buying a 11.5" CSA VZ.58 to complement my 18.5" barreled CZ858 and your insight might help determine which caliber I end up getting.
    Last edited by Jacko832; 02-22-2012 at 08:25 PM.
    Cheers,
    Jacko

Does the gen 2 adaptor require additional fitting? My receiver has already been machined and i have the gen 1, is there anyway to exchange for the gen 2 without having to ship my rifle across the country?
    Thanks
    Ryan
    "Those who Hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not"

aw dammit! my serial number doesn't work, i missed the lottery!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko832 View Post
    I realize that the AR adapters were originally developed for use in 5.56x45mm rifles using standard AR mags however, there is a lot talk/speculation around here that the adapters will fit the new CSA vz.58 rifles in 7.62x39mm. If true, this would allow for Canadians to use 10 round 7.62x39mm AR magazines over the standard legal 5 round factory mags.

Could you shed some light on this please? I am looking at buying a 11.5" CSA VZ.58 to complement my 18.5" barreled CZ858 and your insight might help determine which caliber I end up getting.
    No, the AR-15 mag well adapter will not fit or function in 7.62x39 CSA rifles. For the adapter to function, CSA rifles in 7.62x39 must have the magazine well modified. The modification requires a milling machine. In addition, the AR-15 mag well adapter must also be modified.

Dan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Dan,

I just want to post this pic to show you my devotion to CSA and those style rifles. While I know 2 of them are CZ's I still hope to grow my CSA collection as more becomes available to us Canadians. Really waiting for the release (fingers crossed it doesnt go prohib) of the .380 Skorpion!!!

Quote Originally Posted by R-von View Post
    Does the gen 2 adaptor require additional fitting? My receiver has already been machined and i have the gen 1, is there anyway to exchange for the gen 2 without having to ship my rifle across the country?
    Thanks
    Ryan
    The generation 2 mag well adapter requires no additional fitting. We are only offering the generation 2 version to customers who require the machining to be performed by Tactical Ordnance, Inc.

Thanks,
    Dan

bfiles,
    Very nice collection! We appreciate you purchasing our rifles.

When I talked to North Sylva back in December, the .380 vz.61 was still at the RCMP. They were anticipating it was going to take several months for a determination. Currently, here in the U.S., our .380 vz.61 sample is at the BATFE Technology Branch awaiting approval. Unfortunately, we have to import them as a pistol (without the stock).

Since you're a Scorpion fan, here's one of our 7.65br/.32acp Scorpions registered as a Short Barreled Rifle (with sound suppressor): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJixs...eature=channel

Dan

Update: The rifle arrived in today's mail. I reassembled it and tested with two different AR-15 mag types (a 30/5 round mag and a 10 round LAR-type mag) and they both seem to work flawlessly.

Also, the rifle appears to retain its' "open bolt on last shot" feature too, which is great... I didn't expect the adapter to be this well tuned for that purpose. In most cases where a gun's mag well is extensively modified, one would expect to lose that feature.

Finally, I would also like to compliment Casey's work... the finish on the rifle looked like it wasn't even touched, which is impressive considering the fact that the receiver was quite extensively machined to make everything fit in there.

Overall, I am a very happy customer! My two stock/unfired CSA plastic 30/5 mags (in .223) will be up for sale shortly. How does "take them both (shipped) for $60 and save yourself the tax/shipping from a dealer" sound? PM if interested...

:D
    Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast