Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Czech Small Arms Sa vz.58 rifles (5.56x45mm)

Quote Originally Posted by CSA-North Sylva View Post
    Since you're a Scorpion fan, here's one of our 7.65br/.32acp Scorpions registered as a Short Barreled Rifle (with sound suppressor): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJixs...eature=channel

[youtube]lJixsX5sVLo[/youtube]

Dan

Cool video. This one is great too! (mmm... suppressed/full auto Vz's and AK's! The stuff us Canadians can only wet dream about!) :D

[youtube]O_FDe2fRpDM[/youtube]
    Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    bfiles,
    Very nice collection! We appreciate you purchasing our rifles.

When I talked to North Sylva back in December, the .380 vz.61 was still at the RCMP. They were anticipating it was going to take several months for a determination. Currently, here in the U.S., our .380 vz.61 sample is at the BATFE Technology Branch awaiting approval. Unfortunately, we have to import them as a pistol (without the stock).

Since you're a Scorpion fan, here's one of our 7.65br/.32acp Scorpions registered as a Short Barreled Rifle (with sound suppressor): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJixs...eature=channel

Dan
    Thank you very much Dan,

I have seen this video many times surfing the Czechpoint website.
    I hope the .380 skorp comes in very soon as I am more then excited to get my hands on one (again)!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    I love that second video where you see a house just off to the right there. Oh to live in a free country.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck223's Avatar
    Unfortunately, we have to import them as a pistol (without the stock).

Dan
    When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

You may have to import them as a pistol. I'm sure that if CSA was willing to detail how they had to design and manufacture a 10 round magazine specificly for this pistol, it would help a lot with the RCMP.

Can the original magazines still be used once the adapter has been installed?

Also, if the adapter is removed, does the machining have any effect on the fit of the original magazines?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sti571 View Post
    Can the original magazines still be used once the adapter has been installed?

Also, if the adapter is removed, does the machining have any effect on the fit of the original magazines?

Thanks
    If the AR-15 mag well adapter bolt catch and adapter catch are installed, you cannot use the original CSA magazines. You will need to install the regular bolt catch with spring and the original magazine catch/release to use the CSA magazines. But, it only takes a few minutes to swap out these parts after you've done it a couple of times.

Magazine wells that accept the AR-15 mag well adapter will still work perfectly fine with the original CSA magazines.

Dan

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    I have to admit, I'm pretty disappointed to hear the mag well modification, if needed, WON'T be covered for the rifles from Wolverine's sale. I already purchased the magwell conversion kit from Target Sports in advance.

I would NOT have bought the magwell conversion if I had known this information! IMHO, the update is a little late to the game. Folks were under the impression that the modification, if needed, would be done to fit the magwell adapter! I can produce my invoice from Target (for $121.98 with the tax & shipping) to prove the date I purchased the magwell adapter...

Not even a customer yet & not happy...

Regards
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    And... WRT the magwell conversion, the 'update' is not in line with what Wolverine was told via email. Here is that from Wolverine's forum here on CGN.

Cheers
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I just read this too:
    Quote:
    UPDATE: The 5.56x45mm rifles Wolverine Supplies will be selling at $399.00 may or may not need the magazine well modified for the CSA AR-15 mag well adapter. To confirm, CSA will not pay for these rifles to be modified for the AR-15 mag well adapter. The purpose of CSA paying for the magazine well conversion was to support rifle owners who had purchased their CSA 5.56x45mm rifles long ago with the understanding that the adapter (available in the future) would fit and function in their rifle. CSA understood that many customers purchased these rifles specifically to use the AR-15 mag well adapter – and we did not want to disappoint these rifle owners. This is why CSA absorbed considerable cost to pay for these modifications and give free AR-15 adapters to these rifle owners.

For those who wish to use the CSA AR-15 mag well adapter on a Wolverine Supplies rifle purchased within the serial number sequence above, please contact Tactical Ordnance, Inc. for availability of modification.

I am not sure where the above came from, it does not really agree with the e-mail below that I received form Dan Brown a week ago.

Hi John,
    I read on CGN that you are selling the CSA 5.56x45mm rifles for $399.00 in April. I’m not sure how many of these rifles will or will not accept the CSA AR-15 mag well adapter?

Rifles with the following serial numbers will require magazine well modification for the CSA mag well adapter:
    5600004CA through 5600127CA
    5600008C through 5600089C

If you have rifles you would like modified to accept the CSA mag well adapters, CSA will pay for the modification before you sell them to the public. For stocking dealers, CSA is paying for modification and shipping. If this is something you would like performed, please let me know how many rifles you have. I will contact Casey at Tactical Ordnance and see how long his turnaround time is.

Sincerely,

Dan Brown
    Czech Small Arms

To continue:
    Regardless, we are clearing out these units at a loss so they are sold “As is” with no warranty from us and any machining required to fit Magwell adapters is between you, the new owner and CSA. I am not trying to stir things up but I am sure if you approach CSA in a reasonable manner they will look after you. I believe that all the carbines in our sale will not accept the Magwell adapter without machining.

To recap: Sold “As is” no warranty, no returns, no muzzle breaks or muzzle nuts. Barrels are threaded and will accept any CZ 858 type breaks. All carbines are fitted with the side scope base, mounts not included. Shipping will run approx $40.

If you want the sale price do not purchase if the price shown is $750 wait until the sale price is up. Ryan will try and do this at 12.01 but you know computers !!
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Regular
    Hi John,
    I read on CGN that you are selling the CSA 5.56x45mm rifles for $399.00 in April. I’m not sure how many of these rifles will or will not accept the CSA AR-15 mag well adapter?

Rifles with the following serial numbers will require magazine well modification for the CSA mag well adapter:
    5600004CA through 5600127CA
    5600008C through 5600089C

If you have rifles you would like modified to accept the CSA mag well adapters, CSA will pay for the modification before you sell them to the public. For stocking dealers, CSA is paying for modification and shipping. If this is something you would like performed, please let me know how many rifles you have. I will contact Casey at Tactical Ordnance and see how long his turnaround time is.

Sincerely,

Dan Brown
    Czech Small Arms
    Any comment on this?? Inquiring minds want to know..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I have to admit, I'm pretty disappointed to hear the mag well modification, if needed, WON'T be covered for the rifles from Wolverine's sale. I already purchased the magwell conversion kit from Target Sports in advance.

I would NOT have bought the magwell conversion if I had known this information! IMHO, the update is a little late to the game. Folks were under the impression that the modification, if needed, would be done to fit the magwell adapter! I can produce my invoice from Target (for $121.98 with the tax & shipping) to prove the date I purchased the magwell adapter...

Not even a customer yet & not happy...

Regards
    Jay
    Yes, but you will only pay $399 for the rifle, I paid $899.

I guess that's one reason why they are cheap, the difference of $500 will easily pay for the conversion.

Wolverine not only failed to ship the rifles to Tactical Ordnance as offered by CSA some time ago, now they are also dumping them onto the market at a price which will probably cost North Sylva a bunch of money since their inventory is worth much less now.

I am not sure why Wolverine did this but I feel that it is damaging both North Sylva and CSA and Wolverine must know that.

Modifying the rifles adds a lot of value ($300 a least is my guess), so why should North Syla and CSA support the business damaging practise of Wolverine.

I just read on the Wolverine forum a post from Wolverine where they still think that CSA is obligated to modify the rifles for free.

I disagree with that. Wolverine didn't take up CSA on the offer to modify the rifles for whatever reason, that offer is expired.

Jay, take it up with Wolverine please, not North Sylva.

Also don't forget when you compare pricing, keep in mind that the rifles on sale don't come with muzzle break (at least $50 value taken off) and only have 2 magazines (they come with 4 mags from CSA).

Add it up: Conversion $300 to 400
    muzzle break $ 50 to 80
    2 magazines $80

total $430 to 500

Now you know why they are so cheap.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast