Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Czech Small Arms Sa vz.58 rifles (5.56x45mm)

Czech Small Arms Sa vz.58 rifles (5.56x45mm)

There is a small quantity of Czech Small Arms (CSA) Sa vz.58 rifle models (5.56x45mm) that will not allow fit and function of the AR-15 magazine well adapter (mag well adapter). Rifles with the following serial numbers will require magazine well modification for the mag well adapter:

5600004CA through 5600127CA
    5600008C through 5600089C

UPDATE: The 5.56x45mm rifles Wolverine Supplies will be selling at $399.00 may or may not need the magazine well modified for the CSA AR-15 mag well adapter. To confirm, CSA will not pay for these rifles to be modified for the AR-15 mag well adapter. The purpose of CSA paying for the magazine well conversion was to support rifle owners who had purchased their CSA 5.56x45mm rifles long ago with the understanding that the adapter (available in the future) would fit and function in their rifle. CSA understood that many customers purchased these rifles specifically to use the AR-15 mag well adapter – and we did not want to disappoint these rifle owners. This is why CSA absorbed considerable cost to pay for these modifications and give free AR-15 adapters to these rifle owners.

For those who wish to use the CSA AR-15 mag well adapter on a Wolverine Supplies rifle purchased within the serial number sequence above, please contact Tactical Ordnance, Inc. for availability of modification.

If the rifle owner (non-dealer) would like the rifle modified to function with the AR-15 mag well adapter, CSA will provide modification of the magazine well. In addition to CSA covering the cost of the machining, the rifle owner will also receive a 2nd Generation mag well adapter at no additional cost. This 2nd generation mag well adapter has the waffle-type pattern and flared opening to assist with magazine insertion. CSA will cover the cost of the machining, and the 2nd generation mag well adapter (including labor for installation of mag well parts), while the owner will be responsible for all shipping charges. The rifle will be returned to the owner with the 2nd generation mag well adapter parts installed (magazine catch, bolt catch, and bolt catch spring will be returned to the owner as these original parts are not used with the adapter).

If an owner already possesses the 1st generation mag well adapter, and has a rifle with a serial number found in the sequence above, the 2nd generation mag well adapter will be provided as a free upgrade. In addition to shipping the rifle for modification, please include the complete mag well adapter (65), mag well adapter catch (651), mag well adapter bolt catch (652), and mag well adapter bolt catch spring (653). These parts will be used with the 2nd generation mag well adapter and will be installed on the rifle. The first generation mag well adapter will be returned to the owner. For reference to the mag well adapter part numbers, please click on the following link: http://csa.co.cz/files/files/pribalo...obnik%20A5.pdf

Important Note to dealers: if a rifle(s) is in inventory and within the serial number sequence above, and you would like the magazine well modification performed, please contact Dan Brown for further information. Dan Brown’s e-mail is: dan.brown@csa.co.cz Dan Brown will respond to your e-mail within one business day.

* CSA’s offer of modifying the magazine well expires May 31, 2012.

Procedure for shipping Sa vz.58 rifle (5.56x45mm) for magazine well modification:

Please contact Tactical Ordnance, Inc. to provide rifle serial number and to confirm shipping date. Tactical Ordnance, Inc. will issue a Return Merchandise Authorization # (RMA#). E-mail is the preferred method of contact – please send e-mail to: Info@TacOrd.com. Tactical Ordnance, Inc. will schedule a time frame to ship the rifle to their facility. At the same time, they will provide an approximate turnaround time on the rifle.

Shipping address for Tactical Ordnance, Inc. is:

Tactical Ordnance, Inc.
    811 Graham Sideroad (King Township)
    RR2 Newmarket, ON
    CANADA L3Y 4V9

Important Note: there are times when Tactical Ordnance, Inc. can be quite busy providing gunsmithing services and firearms training. Please do not ship a rifle to their facility without contacting them first for instructions.

Thank you,
    Dan Brown
    Czech Small Arms.
    Last edited by CSA-North Sylva; 03-24-2012 at 06:37 PM.

BANNED
    email sent! North Sylva, TacOrd and CSA rock! This is far more than I personally expected!

very cool!

WOW...That is very cool of CSA/North Sylva...I'm sure your customers will be very happy with this offer...Amazing!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    CSA, you guys are fantastic.

Please keep us informed about any other situations that may arise!!!!!!

Thank you and welcome to the Board.

Thumbs up My experience

Hello fellow CGN'ers,

Just so that you guys feel a bit safer proceeding with this, I can now officially admit that I was the very first "guinea pig" to be contacted (via PM) by Dan and to have shipped my un-modified Vz-58 .223 to Tactical Ordnance. :D At first I was quite skeptical, primarily because I was contacted "behind the scenes" (via PM) and asked not to tell anyone about it on the forum, the reason being that supposedly Dan and CSA were still trying to figure out the logistics of it all (delays, availability, etc). But since both Dan's and Tactical Ordnance's info seemed to check out and everything appeared legit, I went ahead and proceeded as per instructions provided.

Prior to sending the rifle, I inquired with Casey (the owner of Tactical Ordnance) whether or not I could just send the barreled receiver in order to reduce the weight and size of the package. The answer was 'yes' and so I stripped my VZ-58 from everything except the barrel, receiver and trigger group (fairly simple to do), plus I also obviously left all the mag well parts in place. I then sent the rifle to the Tactical Ordnance machine shop (located in Newmarket, Ontario) via Canada Post priority mail. Shipping cost one way was just under $15, so it ain't bad at all. At one point, I have also requested Casey's PAL# (just like we do with firearm transfers), but received a business registration number instead, as he stated that he does not need to disclose anything else under the circumstances. Since I never sent a gun to a gunsmith by mail before, I did not know the exact procedure (as I'm not really selling or lending it to him, just sending rifle parts to him for servicing). In other words, it's kind of like sending a Remington rifle back to the Remington factory for warranty work - you wouldn't ask for a PAL# either, I suppose.

Anyway, upon reception of my Vz-58, Casey had also requested that I provide him with the registration certificate number and my PAL# (for the CFO books), which I promptly did. Once that step was completed, I was then informed that I'd be contacted once everything was finalized and the rifle was being sent back.

Now, regarding the time frame of this entire intervention: I was contacted by Dan via PM on January 31st, I sent the rifle in on February 3rd (after collecting info and having some questions answered) and I was just contacted by Casey from Tactical Ordnance yesterday (Feb 19th) telling me that the Vz-58 is on its' way back to me with the 2nd generation mag adapter installed (all at a cost of approx. $13 for return shipping, payable via EMT, MO or personal check). According to Canada Post tracking, the package should be here tomorrow. Note: some of the delay was caused by the fact that the 2nd gen mag adapters were still at customs at the time I was sending my rifle in.

Total cost for the mod and 2nd generation adapter: approx. $27 (plus my time and a small leap of faith!)

:D

All in all, it's been a very pleasant surprise on CSA's part and everything went smooth as butter. A BIG thanks goes out to Dan at CzechPoint (CSA) and Casey at Tactical Ordnance. They've both been truly great guys to deal with!

Last edited by 762mm; 02-21-2012 at 12:33 AM.
    Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

Just curious as to what the process is for those of us who have the early CZ produced 858's?
    Cheers,
    Jacko

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko832 View Post
    Just curious as to what the process is for those of us who have the early CZ produced 858's?
    ?

CZ and CSA are not the same company. The free mod is only for the early manufacture .223 rifles made by CSA (which don't accept the adapter due to an oversight, I suppose).

However, if you'd like your CZ-858 to be "modded" for such an adapter, I'm sure you could contact Tactical Ordnance and ask. The whole procedure will be at your own cost though, of course (parts, labor & shipping).
    Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 762mm View Post
    Hello fellow CGN'ers...All in all, it's been a very pleasant surprise on CSA's part and everything went smooth as butter. A BIG thanks goes out to Dan at CzechPoint (CSA) and Casey at Tactical Ordnance. They've both been truly great guys to deal with!
    Casey has worked on a couple guns for me in the past and is fantastic to deal with. My VZ58 goes out to him Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by 762mm View Post
    ?

CZ and CSA are not the same company. The free mod is only for the early manufacture .223 rifles made by CSA (which don't accept the adapter due to an oversight, I suppose).

However, if you'd like your CZ-858 to be "modded" for such an adapter, I'm sure you could contact Tactical Ordnance and ask. The whole procedure will be at your own cost though, of course (parts, labor & shipping).
    Yeah, I know theye aren't the same company. I would have been very surprised if the free mod offer was extended to the older CZ rifles but nonetheless I would love to use the 10 round XCR 7.62x39 mags in my CZ-858.

I'll definitely get in touch with TacOrd for details. Thanks!
    Cheers,
    Jacko

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast