Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ontario Crown land

I was up in Parry Sound for a few days this past winter. I just popped into the OPP station and asked where is ok to shoot. Ymmv but the officer I met was quite helpful.
    C.S.S.A. + C.C. F.R.

Good to hear they were helpful, the MNR has been known to give you some spots as well. It is a benefit to the OPP and MNR to have people go to safe areas to shoot. And contrary to some peoples beliefs owning a gun and target shooting is fun.
    Gun control defined:
    The theory that criminals who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft, and murder, will obey a law that prohibits them from owning a firearm while disarming decent people from having access to firearms to prevent criminals from achieving their goals.

Why don't you just join a club? There are many clubs within a couple hours drive that have yearly memberships for less then $100.

Most crown land I'm familiar with is frequently used by ATV riders and there are so many trails that someone not familiar with the land would certainly be shooting in the worst possible direction....

Hunting is one thing but please just join a club if your target shooting.
    Last edited by dieselsot; 07-06-2014 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dieselsot View Post
    Why don't you just join a club? There are many clubs within a couple hours drive that have yearly memberships for less then $100.
    Where are these clubs you speak of?

One example NE of Toronto is the B ancroft Fish and Game Club,

Prices may have gone up a bit in the past year but still very reasonable.
    Last edited by dieselsot; 07-10-2014 at 12:14 PM.

I was shocked at the lack of spots to go shoot/hunt in southern Ontario after moving out here from BC. Out west is more or less up any logging road you're good to go.

That’s the price you pay to live in such a good area, joking of course. Even in central Ontario it’s getting harder and harder to find places to hunt or shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by altiplano View Post
    I was shocked at the lack of spots to go shoot/hunt in southern Ontario after moving out here from BC. Out west is more or less up any logging road you're good to go.
    Gun control defined:
    The theory that criminals who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft, and murder, will obey a law that prohibits them from owning a firearm while disarming decent people from having access to firearms to prevent criminals from achieving their goals.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123