Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: RWS Brenneke Slugs

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Wierd that we're probably the only country with a strong reason to demand these, and the lowest supply. These things really do kill nasty bears dead. The penetration is amazing.
    "In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man, Now I've reached that age if I do that stuff I'll end up in the can...."
    Apologies to Led Zep

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Turkeyslayer 1300's Avatar
    Challenger just as good and made in Canada. Also cheaper and easier to find.
    We can't stop here, this is Remington Country

I'd rather deal with nature than bureaucracy - John Barsness

Quote Originally Posted by BIGREDD View Post
    A Man without a Dog... is a might less than he could be.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enefgee View Post
    Wierd that we're probably the only country with a strong reason to demand these, and the lowest supply. These things really do kill nasty bears dead. The penetration is amazing.
    ^I'll second that on another critter. Killed a wild boar as dead as a door nail using this excellent teutonic invention. A through & through, the slug not recovered due to deep snow. Got a Brenneke USA baseball hat out of it.
    I've been a big fan of Brenneke since I was sixteen and given a Coles book from my parents entitled "Automatic & Repeating Shotguns" by Richard Arnold, an English gunwriter & first printed in 1958.
    Brenneke slugs are well covered in the chapter on round ball and slugs.
    When in Juneau Alaska during the spring salmon run of May 2000, no-one in this small city, could keep these German slugs from flying off the sporting goods store shelves.
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer HeadDamage's Avatar
    I've been trying to buy some of these in Calgary for a few years since the last batch ran out.
    Remember remember early December
    Coalition, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why coalition, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

I'd buy some if they were available

I like to trip for several weeks at a time up the North Coast of BC tenting where ever high tide will let me so I purchased the "extreme conditions" iteration of the 870 marine magnum to help weather the long exposure to salty air but, I just need a box of these Black Magics for that highly unlikely chance I'll ever need to fire one. Coastal grizz are usually quite a bit more polite than their interior cousins, more food I guess.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 2fat2fly's Avatar
    How good are the challenger slugs? I have some berneckies from a few years ago, but I only have about 5 left.
    Heckler to Trudeau, in Toronto."You are a disingenuous prick" and I agree.
    "When the Looting starts, the Shooting starts" President Donald Trump

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Fiocchi used to make a Brenneke slug.

Anybody know if these are still available?

I haven't seen Fiocchi ammo for sale anywhere for years. I do know that The Shooting Edge in Calgary is working on getting Brenneke slugs in. When I was in there last they were expecting about 6 months to have some in stock, so those of you in Calgary may want to check there this fall if you are still looking.

Accuracy Plus in Peterborough, Ontario usually carries them. I stop by them often and within the last 3 years, they have been bringing them in regulary. That means the distributer is bringing them into Canada. Why other stors are not selling them is beyond me.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast