Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: RWS Brenneke Slugs

CGN Ultra frequent flyer HeadDamage's Avatar
    Spring is coming and I still don't have any. Who can I order these from?
    Remember remember early December
    Coalition, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why coalition, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

Fishing world in Hamilton, They are in the Ontario section, I buy my rottweils their

I'm looking for these:

http://rws-munition.de/en/hunting/products/rottweil-shotshells/Product/show/rottweil-brenneke-magnum/1276.html?cHash=52d5501e0943942325fc324488b4b15f

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fat tony's Avatar
    a forward observation post in the L-F-H horizon, or Nova Scotia
    To slightly derail, the shiny new sports store in town: "Better Buy Sports" never has what I would call a relevant selection of ammunition - they are just okay, but their operation could be so much better. I didn't realize there were that many 300 / 7mm etc WSSM and 300 / 7mm etc. RUM shooters / rifles around Nova Scotia. From their ammo shelves you would not get a hint that .22 short, .22 long, 22 long rifle, etc. exist. Also, the only 12 gauge loads there were some hevi shot loads, some 4 buck loads, and a very few boxes of oo buck.

Their reloading section is permanently on clearance, and ever-dwindling. I guess reloading does not support obssessive compulsive retail buying behaviour.

If Better Buy was on the ball (not sure if they are), they would be hauling in $$$ and doing land office business for all the shooters in Nova Scotia instead of trying to clone the typical Walmart sporting goods section.

"retail success by day to day mashup" - not sure how that works out in the long run. . .

Sorry for the derail.
    Last edited by fat tony; 01-20-2014 at 03:50 PM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by dand883 View Post
    I believe the slugs that ammosupply is selling is a brenneke style slug made here in Canada. They had a 200 round box for $159 with free shipping.
    You mean these. Not a Brenneke slug, but I'm going to give them a try. They are tested and claimed to have good penetration. They are "Score" slugs made in Canada.

Be careful with the challenger slugs in a rifled barrel. They may say they're made for either but after ten shots I've never been able to get all the lead out. Damn Remington for dropping the buckhammer. Best slug ever made

Reliable Gun in Vancouver (a CGN sponsor) has stock on Brenneke slugs as of a few days ago

I always get mine from wanstalls and save em up... They go through stumps

This is what I am tokkin' bout!

http://www.brennekeusa.com/cms/filea...nformation.pdf

If you want something like this, IMO you are going to have to do some homework and reloading. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by vicv View Post
    Be careful with the challenger slugs in a rifled barrel. They may say they're made for either but after ten shots I've never been able to get all the lead out. Damn Remington for dropping the buckhammer. Best slug ever made
    Yep, the Challengers fail because of the leading - they leaded the hell out of my smoothbore barrel.