Page 1 of 14 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: RWS Brenneke Slugs

RWS Brenneke Slugs

RWS indicates you are their Canadian Distributor.

I live in Calgary and am trying to find some of these slugs locally, or get them ordered in. Having had no luck I have tried finding them far and wide
    Wholesale - no and won't order
    Proline Calgary - no and won't order
    Caroline Sports - nope
    Ellwood Epps - out of stock - check back in 8 weeks
    P and D Edmonton - no and no interest from the guy on the phone in ordering
    Italian Sports Vancouver - none in stock - but at least checking on availabilty
    Martini and Hagen - no and won't order
    Mil Arm Edmonton - no, no interest in ordering them in

Running out of options. If I wasn't so set on using these specific slugs I would have just bought some Federal Fosters at Canadian Tire. Any suggestions on where I might find some of these in stock? Thanks.

Wooo! Tagged for interest. I've been looking for some Brenneke Black Magic for a while too.
    Family comes first!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Woodsman's Avatar
    It's strange how difficult it seems to find these slugs anywhere. They're world renown to be the best of the best and everyone would love to have some; especially for hunting and protection against large bears. Yet they're more difficult to find than hen's teeth.

The company that decides to market these a bit here on CGN, would likely sell a ton of these. Truly the ultimate bear stoppers for the fellas buying those short pump guns and singles that seem to be so popular these days.

Yes, dealers. Bring these in! They will sell like they are hot cakes. I'll probably buy your first shipment.
    Family comes first!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Try Accuracy Plus in Peterborough Ontario.
    AFAIK, they did in the past stock the 12 gauge 2 3/4inch Rottweil Classic slug, with the felt base screwed to base of the projectile.
    It is a crying shame more vendors don't bring these in, to myself it's just a loss of potential revenue for themselves.
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Try Accuracy Plus in Peterborough Ontario.
    AFAIK, they did in the past stock the 12 gauge 2 3/4inch Rottweil Classic slug, with the felt base screwed to base of the projectile.
    Thanks Brutus - spot on tip -I just bought his last three boxes. Says he is getting more in on July 1. Jeff says he sells over 200 boxes (10 to a box) of these a year, and their price at $15 a box bis pretty good too. Shipping is only about $20 so I am a happy camper.

I checked into getting these just this week. I was told by the dealer that the North American distributor is in the US and that distributor does not have the appropriate license to export to Canada. Hence it appears we are out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Camper Greg View Post
    I checked into getting these just this week. I was told by the dealer that the North American distributor is in the US and that distributor does not have the appropriate license to export to Canada. Hence it appears we are out of luck.
    Your dealer is only partially correct. Brenneke is a particular style and design of slug as well as a brand name of an ammo manufacturer. There are many manufacturers that load this type of slug in their ammo. RWS is one, RAUG is another, Brenneke Ammo etc.

The Canadian distributor for RWS is North Sylva and per my post above, these slugs are avaialbale through RWS as Rottweill Brenneke, and since RWS no longer has the rights to use the name Brenneke, their newest production of these will be known as Rottweill - Exact "Total". Still the same Brenneke design with the attached felt wad. The ones that are packaged by the company called Brenneke does have a US distributor but there is no "Brenneke" Brand ammo dealer here in Canada. Hope that helps.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

A lifetime ration ...

I live on a mountain ranch in SW Alberta. During the bear season (when we see lots, including the occasional grizzly), I don't go anywhere without a big can of bearspray and my trusty Marine Magnum ... which is loaded with two 00 buckshot and three Brenneke Black Magic slugs. The Brennekes are 600 grain (I think) and are swaged and are in the shape of an oil drum.

I bought three boxes of them at a Gander Mountain store down in the Excited States (years ago, when it was legal to bring them across the border) and (because they're now impossible to acquire in Canada) have fired a grand total of one in the last five years!

Just to see what it felt like

And I'll be absolutely delighted if I never have to fire the remaining ones.

CGN Regular
    del

Page 1 of 14 12345678911 ... LastLast