Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: RWS Brenneke Slugs

BANNED
    I just bought some brenneke slugs from reliable gun in Vancouver. I believe reliable gun is also a CGN sponsor. Good luck.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce-deuce View Post
    I just bought some brenneke slugs from reliable gun in Vancouver. I believe reliable gun is also a CGN sponsor. Good luck.
    I have been looking for some Brenneke slugs for awhile. Seems our friends in BC have the only supply.

I bought 200 Challenger slugs from SFRC, but I wanted some Brenneke slugs. So I kept looking.

Wanstall's right now in their retail store have 10 boxes for Brenneke classic magnums for 19 bux and change for box of 5. However, unless you live there and can walk in to get them, they wont deliver. You have to call their online store for delivery. As they have separate stocks they said. Kinda dumb. Their online store had none in stock and is gonna check the warehouse and call me back. Being as I felt that was stupid that they had the dam slugs in the retail store, I kept looking.

I called Reliable Gun. They had a couple of cases of Rottweil Brenneke Classic Magnums in stock. They are going for 18 bux and change for box of 5. I bought a case as you get a discount and basically save two bucks per box. So ill see how these compare to my other stuff when I get them.

Guy at Reliable gun said Black Magic Is exclusive to the USA right now so he cant get them.

Reliable gun still has some I think.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer49 View Post
    I live on a mountain ranch in SW Alberta. During the bear season (when we see lots, including the occasional grizzly), I don't go anywhere without a big can of bearspray and my trusty Marine Magnum ... which is loaded with two 00 buckshot and three Brenneke Black Magic slugs. The Brennekes are 600 grain (I think) and are swaged and are in the shape of an oil drum.

I bought three boxes of them at a Gander Mountain store down in the Excited States (years ago, when it was legal to bring them across the border) and (because they're now impossible to acquire in Canada) have fired a grand total of one in the last five years!

Just to see what it felt like

And I'll be absolutely delighted if I never have to fire the remaining ones.

Anyone know what the rules are for Canadian's having the ability to order via the U.S. and bring these across for our own use...not resale? Wouldn't mind having a couple of boxes for when in Grizzly country! I order Ebay items all the time, and pick up across the border, but unsure of the rules doing so with this item??

Quote Originally Posted by Powerstroke2000 View Post
    Anyone know what the rules are for Canadian's having the ability to order via the U.S. and bring these across for our own use...not resale? Wouldn't mind having a couple of boxes for when in Grizzly country! I order Ebay items all the time, and pick up across the border, but unsure of the rules doing so with this item??
    Can't do it legally. You can get Berneke Slugs in Canada, made by Rottweil but they are exactly the same thing. There are three or four stores listed in this thread, give them a call, they will mail them to you. I got mine from Accuracy Plus in Peterborough Ont, by mail but there are otehr choices listed that have them too.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 0faustus0's Avatar
    Ok, after a long search I found some Brennekes in Canada.

Anybody still looking for Brennekes?
    I just ordered a whole bunch from lawryshootingsports.com.

They have the Rio Brenneke in stock

http://lawryshootingsports.com/page/rio-slugs

http://rioammo.com/law_enforcement/r...neke_slug.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtyPqHyhgJo

Funny, a fellow in my neck of the woods,had cases of this stuff,I remember saying,is it any good ?
    he said that's what they say. not selling any
    He passes on R.I.P.

We have them...
    Please email all requests for information on product availability/ordering to orders@theshootingcentre.com. Any prices quoted are only valid for 30 days from date of original posting. All firearm and ammunition sales subject to PAL verification.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CSC-Geoff View Post
    We have them...
    Well well well, another very good reason to stop on by!

thank you....
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

There is Brenneke brand slugs and then there are Brenneke style slugs which are sold under different brand names, with varying qualities. RWS manufactured Brenneke slugs under a license from the original Company until 2006, when their license was withdrawn. After that, they continued to manufacture the same slug as Rottwill Exact. These are excellent quality Brenneke style slugs. Their penetration power at short range (10-15 meters) is truly amazing. I don't have to see the brand name on them to know they are high quality Brenneke style slugs. Buy and use with confidence.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Home3 View Post
    There is Brenneke brand slugs and then there are Brenneke style slugs which are sold under different brand names, with varying qualities. RWS manufactured Brenneke slugs under a license from the original Company until 2006, when their license was withdrawn. After that, they continued to manufacture the same slug as Rottwill Exact. These are excellent quality Brenneke style slugs. Their penetration power at short range (10-15 meters) is truly amazing. I don't have to see the brand name on them to know they are high quality Brenneke style slugs. Buy and use with confidence.
    There are brenneke slugs used by other companies but most here want the real Brenneke ammo.