Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: B&T/CZ 858 Magwell Demo

CGN frequent flyer
    I'm very pleased with my B&T adapter. Well machined, good tight fit, easy to install, mags slide in nicely and fit securely. The XCR mags I'm not overly impressed with. They're kinda stiff and don't feed smoothly BUT they seem to function well. I shot 160 rounds today only had one failure to feed. I did however notice that it is CRUCIAL to have the rounds at the very back of the mag and to really let the bolt/carrier hammer them into the chamber.

One other note, I wasn't able to successfully load these with stripper clips.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sun_and_Steel_77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by diemaco View Post
    One other note, I wasn't able to successfully load these with stripper clips.
    That's sad news
    I was sure hoping we could top load via charge clip.
    I can overlook the loss of the last shot hold-open feature, but this may be a deal breaker for me.
    Can any other users confirm whether or not they could load by stripper with this B&T set-up?

BTW I have to give credit where it's due, thanks to Mr. Wolverine for bringing these adapters to us and posting the video.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

These are great, but think about it - we have to go trough all this idiotic adapter thing because some moron have decided to outlaw normal magazine capacity. Sad, sad....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    How much for a CZ 858 rifle with adapter installed???

Quote Originally Posted by id64 View Post
    These are great, but think about it - we have to go trough all this idiotic adapter thing because some moron have decided to outlaw normal magazine capacity. Sad, sad....
    agreed BIG TIME!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun_and_Steel_77 View Post
    That's sad news
    I was sure hoping we could top load via charge clip.
    I can overlook the loss of the last shot hold-open feature, but this may be a deal breaker for me.
    Can any other users confirm whether or not they could load by stripper with this B&T set-up?

BTW I have to give credit where it's due, thanks to Mr. Wolverine for bringing these adapters to us and posting the video.
    I should note that it somewhat works, but it seems to jam up around round number 7. Personally I think it has nothing to do with the adapter, but is a magazine issue. Either way its not a big deal for me, if I wanted to use stripper clips I would have stayed with the factory mags.

Mag well adapter update. First some facts, you could say this is straight from the Horse’s mouth!

1 CSA and CZ are totally different companies. North Sylva import CSA and Wolverine Supplies import the CZ 858

2 When Wolverine Supplies were working as the importer for CSA we asked them to design and manufacture a Magwell adapter, we parted company before we saw their adapter and have had no input into the design. All the CSA adapters, there are two, a Gen I and a Gen II, are plastic. Please direct all questions on this adapter to North Sylva.

3 Wolverine Supplies requested Brugger & Thomett to build a Magwell adapter, these are aluminum and clearly marked B & T, our design requirements were:
    Fit the CZ 858 rifle, caliber 7.62 x 39
    Use the 10 rd 7.62 x 39 XCR pistol magazine
    We did not request it also allows to be top loaded from stripper clips (I saw no requirement for this)
    We accepted a left side mag release
    We accepted no magazine activated bolt catch, this is no worse than an AK47 and less of an issue when using 10 rd mags.
    The bolt catch is still in the gun and can be engaged manually when required
    CZ 858 rifles would require a machined modification to the receiver in order to accept the Magwell adapter.
    All rifles after machining, could be changed back to use the original CZ 5/30 rd magazines
    The B&T adapter will not work with any .223 CSA rifles and carbines (It was not designed to)

4 Reliability reports;
    We have an in house demo CZ 858 rifle than performs 100% see the U Tube video that we have posted.
    I have heard of at least three others were the owners are delighted with their performance and it is early days yet.
    I personally know of two CSA 7.62 x 39 carbines that are working 100% reliably

5 STOP PRESS! Please remember you heard it here first, straight from me. Today I personally started reliability tests on a CZ 858 that a customer sent to us to be fitted with the B&T adapter. Bottom line, it will not function, we are thinking that this is due to dimensional differences in the receivers. We are having to re-evaluate our machining. We have fitted the same adapter to a new rifle and just run 30 rds through the rifle using 3 different mags with no problems. We will be offering this customer an exchange, his old rifle for our new one at no extra charge.

I will update here in the future when I know more.

John,
    Would your adapter fit my CZH 2003 Sport?

Thanks

SM
    When the government tells you that you don't need guns and tries to take them, that's when you need them the most

very good, just one question, the xcr mags ar an ar15 style mag?
    so i could use them in my ar15 in 762x39?
    bbb

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonMan View Post
    John,
    Would your adapter fit my CZH 2003 Sport?

Thanks

SM
    If your rifle is in 7.63 x 39 and based on the VZ 58 the answer is yes, it will fit after your receiver is machined, as for reliable feeding the answer, at this time, is "maybe" ! Sorry, not trying to be a smart arse but we are still learning and you throw me a curve ball with that model, care to be a guinea pig?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast