$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is Nitron Blackening?

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet

Question What is Nitron Blackening?

Quote Originally Posted by Murdoc View Post
    Here is our new Nitron Blackening process. This works on Stainless Steel and gives the rifle or pistol the look it should have. This is the same process which Sig Sauer uses on their production pistols today, this process is also used on the remington 700 XCR line of rifles as well. Its an extremely thin finish which can go on the tightest guns without having any tolerance issues.This also can be used on all types of Stainless steel parts or components.This can be a high gloss or a matte finish.
    Does it lend any surface hardness?

Does it lend any rust resistance?

Is it paint? Is it plating? Is it like Tenifer? How is it done?

Nitron finishing will blacken stainless steel through the use of oxidizing type blacking compounds. This process produces black coatings on stainless steel and alloy steels by a "conversion" process. The chrome in the stainless steel is involved in a chemical reaction with the oxidizers in the solution producing chrome-sulfide. The application of the black finish is dependent upon the surface treatment of the steel. Bead blasted surfaces will have a satin black appearance while a surface blasted with aluminum oxide will be matte in nature. Importantly, dimensional changes involved in blackening are extremely small, less than 0.0001 Mil. This thickness of the black oxide type coating ranges from 0.00006-0.0001 Mil depending on the type of alloy being treated. Blackening of stainless steel not only makes the firearm more attractive but adds to its corrosion resistance (96 hours salt spray per Mil-C-13924B) and prevents galling, common in stainless steel guns.
    We deal in the following brands of firearms as well: -RUGER- HK - SIG -

ARMA-COAT FIREARM FINISHES
    -Parkerizing (manganese and zinc)
    -Sandblasting
    -Bead Polishing
    -Arma-Coat Coatings
    -Anodizing
    -Nitron Stainless Blackening
    -Nitron Carbon Steel Blackening
    -Hot Blueing
    -Hot black oxiding (carbon steel)
    Ph.780-398-2678

www.arma-coat.ca

Is a S&W Model 10 a candidate for the carbon steel Nitron process?
    It's Mar. 23/2012 and it's time for me to leave. It was fun while it lasted. I am going to miss most of you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Is a S&W Model 10 a candidate for the carbon steel Nitron process?
    A smith model 10 would be a good candidate for the Nitro process.Here is our pricing for pistols below.

Quotes for all semi-auto’s pistols and revolvers

Arma-Coat Coatings (multiple colors)
    1. Complete pistol Arma-coat package ($255.00) this includes all disassembly, sandblasting, Parkerizing, and Arma-coating of the pistol with reassembly and lubrication.*

2.Refinish pistol ($200.00) with Arma-coat but gun must be sent completely stripped in pieces so we save time disassembling and reassembling this includes sandblasting, Parkerizing, and coating color of your choice.
    Parkerizing (Dark grey to Dark Black in color)

3. Parkerizing pistol ($200.00) this includes all disassembly and reassembly with sandblasting, and Parkerizing with lubrication. *
    4. Refinish pistol by Parkerizing but gun must be stripped apart. ($150.00)

Nitron Blackening ( Comes in Black works on carbon Steel and Stainless Steel )
    5. Arma-Coat Stainless/Carbon Nitron blackening ($300). This package includes all disassembly and reassembly, sandblasting and nitron blackening.
    6. Arma-Coat Stainless Nitron/Carbon blackening ($250) but gun must be sent completely stripped in pieces so we save time disassembling and reassembling. This price includes sandblasting of all parts needed to be blackened.
    All magazines, scope mounts, stocks, and accessories will be charged extra, unless otherwise quoted as a package deal by an Arma-Coat Finishes representative. We usually give a package deal when a firearm or firearms are being sent and other accessories are needed to be finished, please ask for a package quote and keep it on file as the quote will be good for 30 days.

*As a side note we refinish any and all types of Firearms and are federally licensed for any class. To save money sending guns completely disassembled helps keep our shop time lower and your price lower. Or the cheapest route possible is we sell you the Arma-Coat products and you can do it yourself.
    *If you are sending a firearms(s) to be finished please call before hand to ensure we are not overbooked this way we can keep our within a week policy accurate.
    Any questions please contact us at 780-398-2678

-Sandblasting
    -Bead Polishing
    -Arma-Coat Coatings
    -Anodizing
    -Hot Blueing
    Ph.780-398-2678

www.arma-coat.ca

Thanks.
    It's Mar. 23/2012 and it's time for me to leave. It was fun while it lasted. I am going to miss most of you guys.

BANNED

As soon as I recieve my rifle back from Dlask that are doing a rebarrel I will post before and after photo's along with a youtube video showing the finnal resualt. Although this will take some time. But like my mom always says:
    "Good things come to those who wait."
    Unless some one else out there can beat me to the punch

Thanks for all involved, this was great to learn a little more about.

Cheese

So this is like black oxide?

Not applied to the bore?

Quote Originally Posted by Leg View Post
    So this is like black oxide?

Not applied to the bore?
    Correct in not being applied to a bore. But it is much thinner and tougher than black oxide.

-Sandblasting
    -Bead Polishing
    -Arma-Coat Coatings
    -Anodizing
    -Hot Blueing
    Ph.780-398-2678

www.arma-coat.ca

What if you did apply it to a bore ?

Is it similar to the Nitride finishes some people are using on AR barrels? I have an S&J and I'm diggin the copper resistance the bore seems to have.
    2014-02-09: 10,000 rounds thru' my DAR-701 since Sept 2012.
    5 barrels on 3 uppers, Maybe it's time I finally build another lower.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast