$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: New targets design available

  1. #11
    HELP! I sold my soul to the internet
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Niagara Region, Ontario. For now
    Posts
    11,671
    Quote Originally Posted by darxtar View Post
    Ya and free groceries at the food bank too I'll bet. The problem with giving some people something for nothing, is the perception that it has no value.
    EDIT: Don't want to get into this on the dealers forum.

  2. #12
    Big Mouth pubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,277
    If you had any concept of economics, you would know that people are never given something for nothing (at least not for long). He pays for his membership and unless the range is running at loss, the cost of the targets is built into and not severable from the cost of his membership.

    So he can use the 'free' targets he already paid for OR he can spend money on guns, ammunition, porn, popcorn, condoms, beer, etc.

    The targets are too rich for my blood. The price of 100 targets is roughly that of a decent Mosin Nagant.

    P

    Quote Originally Posted by darxtar View Post
    Ya and free groceries at the food bank too I'll bet. The problem with giving some people something for nothing, is the perception that it has no value.

  3. #13
    HELP! I sold my soul to the internet hometownhero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toon Town, Sk
    Posts
    5,000
    So is there a discount if we come pick them up??

  4. #14
    Expired Business
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Saskatoon, Sk
    Posts
    215
    Nic, Glad we could help out.


    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    The 45 degree profiled target is great ! Targets do not always face to the front head on!
    Thanks, Our thoughts exactly.

    Quote Originally Posted by mlehtovaara View Post


    And they aren't even on a cardboard backer?

    Thank God my club gives out targets for free, and provides the stands and backers as well!
    You are very fortunate. We are unable to offer you that same deal

    Quote Originally Posted by hometownhero View Post
    So is there a discount if we come pick them up??
    See PM

  5. #15
    CGN Regular darxtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by mlehtovaara View Post
    EDIT: Don't want to get into this on the dealers forum.
    I'll bet you don't

    Quote Originally Posted by pubb View Post
    If you had any concept of economics, you would know that people are never given something for nothing (at least not for long). He pays for his membership and unless the range is running at loss, the cost of the targets is built into and not severable from the cost of his membership.

    So he can use the 'free' targets he already paid for OR he can spend money on guns, ammunition, porn, popcorn, condoms, beer, etc.

    The targets are too rich for my blood. The price of 100 targets is roughly that of a decent Mosin Nagant.

    P


    I realize they are not "free". But here's a guy thanking God that he doesn't have to support a Canadian dealer trying to eke out an existence in a sport that isn't quite overrun with dealers selling anything and everything. And actually going out of his way to point it out by posting his comment.

    And maybe if people bought enough of this guys targets, the price would drop down to say the price of a lousy Mosin Nagant.

    And maybe if this guy made a little bit of money at this, he'd branch out into other things that we're usually buying, (if we are lucky and it's allowed) from our southern cousins,who, by the way, are down right anal about supporting other Americans in the trade.

    And ya, I ordered some targets from him, I'm not a fan of 100 year old rifles, decent or otherwise anyway, and they aren't "free" at the range.

    It really isn't bad form to support a fellow Canadian, hats off to him for giving it a shot
    It's as wicked as it seems
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, you did not plan your mission properly
    Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is, it's the only answer

  6. #16
    HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Jwirecom109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Don't Edit My location Moderators, Alberta
    Posts
    4,221
    Nothing against one of our newest dealers, but as i stated before i think you should look at a cheaper brand of targets as well, there are alot of Canadian target makers that sell theirs for under a buck, in small numbers

    Pricing is a big issue with targets, its something u shoot up so dropping alot of cash on them isn't something that alot of us what to spend money on.

    I've consulted with several Calgary based printers for some target orders for custom designed targets, and even with them I've found i can price them out for under half a buck for a large order (totally custom designs)

    Also i've noticed that target availability has been a issue as of late, with some stores, if you designed and printed a cheaper design you could market and fill up the gaps that these stores have.

    I mean its your business, and you've kinda gone the way of designer targets, which is great but you have a larger market to expand to as well, as not everyone wants to shoot a thug at 100 yards with a hunting rifle
    The Only good Zombie is a dead zombie. Unless that zombie is in a room full of liberal pigs, enjoy your gun control. - Jwirecom109 (ME!)
    A government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims. - Ayn Rand

  7. #17
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    351
    You pay for a yearly membership at the range so no they aren't free.
    Fire the gift that keeps giving.

  8. #18
    CGN Regular fyrious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    403
    whats funny is that realistically a $1.60 isn't that bad of a price for a 19x25 sized target. For example, a visi-colour deer target from canadian tire which is 13x18 is $1.30 per target.

    The price is not that bad when you look at the size and quality of the target. if all you want to shoot at is basic bulls-eye on lower quality paper, by all means you can get cheaper, but you are also getting a cheaper product.

    to each there own. I like these targets myself.

  9. #19
    Expired Business
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Saskatoon, Sk
    Posts
    215
    Gents, We really appreciate your support.

    Our prices may seem high on smaller amounts, that is because Shipping is expensive and we want you to know the cost up front, so that we are fair to you.

    Our targets are produced by a local print shop(owned by a family man) at a fair price to them and Us.

    Our targets are designed by professional animators (a husband and wife team that has two young sons) and we make sure they are paid a fair price.

    We could go overseas and get an inconsistent product and/or we could pound and grind with our designers and suppliers to get lower prices. But our preference is to support the people in our country and be a company that our customers respect and other companies want to deal with.

    to put the price in perspective:

    9mm = .20/rd x 8 = 1.60
    .40 = .25/rd x 8 = 2.00
    .45 = .25/rd x 8 = 2.00

    Prices are based off of www.canadaammo.com home page and no there isn't a connection between us, if you shoot .45ACP i would buy some at that price.

    We are a new company, our hope is to serve you in every way that we can. We aren't able to do it for free nor are we going to do it by stepping on others; that doesn't make sense.

    We thank you for your continued support.


    Quote Originally Posted by darxtar View Post

    I realize they are not "free". But here's a guy thanking God that he doesn't have to support a Canadian dealer trying to eke out an existence in a sport that isn't quite overrun with dealers selling anything and everything. And actually going out of his way to point it out by posting his comment.

    And maybe if people bought enough of this guys targets, the price would drop down to say the price of a lousy Mosin Nagant.

    And maybe if this guy made a little bit of money at this, he'd branch out into other things that we're usually buying, (if we are lucky and it's allowed) from our southern cousins,who, by the way, are down right anal about supporting other Americans in the trade.

    And ya, I ordered some targets from him, I'm not a fan of 100 year old rifles, decent or otherwise anyway, and they aren't "free" at the range.

    It really isn't bad form to support a fellow Canadian, hats off to him for giving it a shot
    Quote Originally Posted by fyrious View Post
    whats funny is that realistically a $1.60 isn't that bad of a price for a 19x25 sized target. For example, a visi-colour deer target from canadian tire which is 13x18 is $1.30 per target.

    The price is not that bad when you look at the size and quality of the target. if all you want to shoot at is basic bulls-eye on lower quality paper, by all means you can get cheaper, but you are also getting a cheaper product.

    to each there own. I like these targets myself.

  10. #20
    CGN Regular Wanhope's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    271
    Do the targets change colour when they are shot?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
collapse blockhead options_correctBookmarks