Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: deliver some cheap, large reactive targets

Quote Originally Posted by Galt View Post
    Waterjet is too slow, slow= expensive. Plasma cut, nice edge with a small heat affected zone vs oxy-fuel.
    Any cutting needed done in SOntaruo, I know lots of machines as I build and service them, drop me a message.
    like I said I know little to nothing about metal but my local club bought a $1500 chunk of ar 500 and decided to cut it themselves to save money and you can shoot through them like they were butter. Pretty sure they used a normal torch though and welded bases on to stand them on a rail. I read that plasma is better but will still affect the edge in a way that a hit will damage the target quite a bit compared to the area not affected by heat. However hits to the edge should be minimal compared to the middle area.

But that is just stuff I have found while trying to find targets and researching metals. I have no experience or first hand knowledge to back it up.

Jason

Here is a prototype target we made a few years ago for a local police service. It is remote controlled. It is made from MARS 300 A.P. This was made for long distance .308 practise.We made a few for them, they liked them because of the remote control and portability.plus we didnt charge as much as the commercially available targets. We helped make a few toys for them, some they use some they can't.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    How does the remote control work?

Quote Originally Posted by Galt View Post
    Here is a prototype target we made a few years ago for a local police service. It is remote controlled. It is made from MARS 300 A.P. This was made for long distance .308 practise.We made a few for them, they liked them because of the remote control and portability.plus we didnt charge as much as the commercially available targets. We helped make a few toys for them, some they use some they can't.
    Don't mean to hijack this thread, but maybe Canada Targets and Galt can hook up to look into the possibility of hard/reactive targets as well. I'd be really interested in some ball park numbers and options.

I am on my Blackberry and di not see till just now it is Canada Targets vendor forum...sorry.
    There was a motorrun off a 6VDC lantern battery, when the target got hit it fell back and stayed down til the remote was pressed then it reset.

Expired Business
    We currently dont offer metal target and it would be some time before we would be getting into it. If Galt wants to Help you guys out with this that is fine. This thread can be used for that.

Please continue

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Targets View Post
    We currently dont offer metal target and it would be some time before we would be getting into it. If Galt wants to Help you guys out with this that is fine. This thread can be used for that.

Please continue
    Man you must be new around here:D
    The SOP for when another person thats in the biz post in you forum, is to kill, distroy, fly off the handle, complain, badmonth, wine, stomp feet, cry , oww and ##### to the CGN admin....
    If your going to be here long , try and fit in with the other dealers er!....

CGN Regular
    There is a thread for ar 500 targets you may want to check out. Matt has supplied several for our club and others that work very well.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...=ar500+targets
    "We're only immortal for a limited time.” ― Neil Peart Thanks for the memories, RIP

Expired Business
    LOL, I will try to fall inline.

Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    The SOP for when another person thats in the biz post in you forum, is to kill, distroy, fly off the handle, complain, badmonth, wine, stomp feet, cry , oww and ##### to the CGN admin....

Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    To be fair though, it usually only happens when it's BBB for some reason.
    Covert ceramic knives for sale in Exchange of Blades Forum.
    2PPCLI - '95-'05

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast