Thread: Photo realistic targets

Expired Business

Photo realistic targets

This week we will begin working on some photo realistic targets. The targets will be in grey scale(b&w) to keep the cost the same as out other targets. We will keep you posted.

I should send ya pictures of my first wife.... Just thinking

CGN frequent flyer Beretta-Skeet's Avatar
    Windy Wendy targets?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Let's not behave in a manner that our detractors would delight in revealing.

Targets of bad men in various poses, that would do bad things if left to their own devices would be great.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

True , what about animals with toothy grins like grizzlys or wolverines ?

Fictional characters could be a thought, quasi politically correct. The likes of Frankenstein , Freddy Kruger types without copyright issues

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by 5440fight View Post
    Let's not behave in a manner that our detractors would delight in revealing.

Targets of bad men in various poses, that would do bad things if left to their own devices would be great.
    Exactly, well said.

We are in talks witha sporting/outdoors show to produce wildlife with vitals lightly outlined. Bear, moose, elk, wolf.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Targets View Post
    We are in talks witha sporting/outdoors show to produce wildlife with vitals lightly outlined. Bear, moose, elk, wolf.
    How lightly outlined? Would the vitals be outlined so light you can only see it when you retrieve the target? Seriously: vitals are not outlined on real animals. I prefer to learn the proper areas by practice, not seeing it in the scope.

I would also say, if you are printing (for example) a scale model of deer target that it is scaled evenly divisable by even numbers: I hate having to figure out how far out on my 4x fixed or adjustable scope to put a 34.6543% size deer target so it looks like a full sized deer at 100 yards/meters. I know that creates a "funny range" that is then not 100 yards/meters: but the point is to understand the "look" of a kill zone at that range; not always to shoot at that range. Yes, I know: that's more than most do... but I strive for 1 shot, 1 kill, 1 carcass retrieved with no tracking, 1 freezer filled: 'nuff said.

Thanks for letting me give you my thoughts!
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Expired Business
    Exactly.

As you said, we the vitals will be such that you have to get close to see it or use a very strong scope.

The point is to learn where the clean shots are. We will be working with some very seasoned hunters and a vet to make sure that it is accurate.

Also the scale wollbe set up properly.

How about aliens? The alien in the alien series with Sigourney Weaver. Or any aliens for that matter.

Ever notice how the Duffs come out when you talk about certain targets?
    Gun Control: A child's idea of a safe society.

Expired Business
    What are the duffs? I don't know this expression.

We will start with the people and based on response go from there.