Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MecGar mags for Sig 226 9mm coming in soon?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    Mec Gar shipmentwill be in the warehouse Monday
    That didn't take long: http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/produc...roductid=79028

Although the nickel plated ones are still in stock: http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/produc...roductid=81554

Quote Originally Posted by RCloud View Post
    Hello

This is true. I have a mag, sold as an original, that says Sig Sauer on it and in the small print on the side of the mag you can read MecGar.
    I have two older 10 round Sig P226 mags. They say "Made in Germany" on the side, they have the Zipperback seam on the back and I don't see Mecgar on them anywhere. Does anyone know if these are made by Sig, or in Italy by Mecgar?

Those are the original german zipper back mags made by sig in Germany. Good mags .
    "Well done is better than well said"

Benjamin Franklin

Order placed!!!

that was fast wonder when the next order is comming?

Quote Originally Posted by rebelent View Post
    that was fast wonder when the next order is comming?
    Just went back in stock, looks like they found some more

Benjamin Franklin

CGN frequent flyer cybershooters's Avatar
    I don't think the Mec-Gar mags are as good as the original Sauer made magazines, the fit just seems a bit too tight in my guns. Anyway I'm just posting because on my .40 mags the last round was so tight of a fit that it required a firm push to get a loaded magazine to seat (with .40s you don't have a choice but to use Mec-Gar magazines). I discovered by shaving a couple of mm off the bottom of the followers the follower would go down fractionally more (the spring compression is the limiting factor) and they will now seat more easily. No malfunctions since I did it.
    Steve.

Only three things are certain: death, taxes and stupid gun laws.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cybershooters View Post
    I don't think the Mec-Gar mags are as good as the original Sauer made magazines, the fit just seems a bit too tight in my guns. Anyway I'm just posting because on my .40 mags the last round was so tight of a fit that it required a firm push to get a loaded magazine to seat (with .40s you don't have a choice but to use Mec-Gar magazines). I discovered by shaving a couple of mm off the bottom of the followers the follower would go down fractionally more (the spring compression is the limiting factor) and they will now seat more easily. No malfunctions since I did it.
    For my 9mm, I have the Mec-Gar mags and some official Sig Sauer mags (made in USA). The Mec-Gar ones have been perfect, but the Sig ones have sometimes failed to feed the last round.

I've never tried any Sig mades that were made in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshow View Post
    For my 9mm, I have the Mec-Gar mags and some official Sig Sauer mags (made in USA). The Mec-Gar ones have been perfect, but the Sig ones have sometimes failed to feed the last round.

I've never tried any Sig mades that were made in Germany.
    German made sig mags are excellent, Italian made sig mags whether labelled sig or mec gar are excellent. Mec gar for quite some time supplied the factory mags. The US mags which are now the american factory mags are made by check mate for sig and they are junk in my opinion in the ten round versions. Ten rounds are hard to load, Jams, failure to feeds, stove pipes, many issues in my gun. Switched to mecgars and thousands of round down range with not one issue.

Benjamin Franklin

BANNED
    John - curious to know if you have more Sig 226 MecGar mags coming in at some point in the near future?

Thanks

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast