Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Norinco M305+520 7.62x51 with pictures

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    The rivet on the mags is exposed and does not interfere with the operation or removal. It was the mag catch not clearing the mag release lever when it was pressed. Three mags, all the same issue. All the same fix.
    Just for my own education on the subject; So you are saying when you depress the catch it does not contact the rivet?

Wow looks better with pics. Any idea if this package will come around again? I really want One for my first rifle.

What could be welded on the receiver???

Shooting IVI are we...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer deagle2008's Avatar
    im guessing that they dont use good blocks of metal. so when the block is machined down bubbles appear and holes are welded.
    Last edited by deagle2008; 03-15-2012 at 07:52 PM.

This helped alot brother. I'm ordering this awesome deal tonight. Coyotees beware, follow up shots are to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by S1de8urnz View Post
    This helped alot brother. I'm ordering this awesome deal tonight. Coyotees beware, follow up shots are to be expected.
    If you can find this deal again please post for a heads up. From what I've heard this has been sold out. I want one too

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    The rivet on the mags is exposed and does not interfere with the operation or removal. It was the mag catch not clearing the mag release lever when it was pressed. Three mags, all the same issue. All the same fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Just for my own education on the subject; So you are saying when you depress the catch it does not contact the rivet?
    You know what... I get what you are saying now. It probably was the lever pressing against the rivet. I thought you were saying the rivet was causing pressure inside the mag well seperate from the mag release lever.

Shaving the rivet would work too. I just didn't see that. That being said, I had the same problem with a 5 round mag. Wouldn't release and it didn't have the rivet in the first place. The mag also sat higher up in the mag well and it too needed the same trim as the 5/20 mags got for it to work.

Now when I press the latch it does not touch the rivet on the 5/20 mags, but that is because I shaved the catch on the mag itself to allow the mag release to not require as much travel to release the mag. Mag is still solid, and the release of the mag is quick and smooth.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Regular
    Can anyone give me a little step by step tutorial on shaving down the *which ever part needs to be shaven down* in order to make releasing the mags a little easier?

Much appreciated.

Also great little review. I got this package and received the rifle earlier this month. Shoots like a charm!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer deagle2008's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atticus View Post
    Can anyone give me a little step by step tutorial on shaving down the *which ever part needs to be shaven down* in order to make releasing the mags a little easier?

Much appreciated.

Also great little review. I got this package and received the rifle earlier this month. Shoots like a charm!
    thanks
    file the head of the rivet but becareful with it . i hammered it first than used my dremel to shave the head
    i havnt shot it yet but willcdo this weekend

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast