Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: steyr mannlicher

BANNED
    What are the prices for various models?

Steyr SSG 08?????????

CGN frequent flyer
    What happened to the long post that I just wrote ? Vanished into thin air ...

Censorship maybe ? Don't you like to hear (that is read) the truth ?
    Last edited by Snowy Owl; 10-04-2012 at 04:37 PM.
    According to police scholars, I should be a "civilian".

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy Owl View Post
    What happened to the long post that I just wrote ? Vanished into thin air ...

Censorship maybe ? Don't you like to hear (that is read) the thruth ?
    I love the thruth, I just prefer it when it's accurate.

CGN frequent flyer
    Who deleted my post ?

I was only telling the truth - with documentation to back it up. Is that forbidden now on CGN ?

CGN frequent flyer
    So, YOU did delete my post.

Would you like me to send you a paper copy of Mr. Bauer's response - or would you prefer that I start a new thread WITH EXACTLY THE SAME TEXT ?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy Owl View Post
    Who deleted my post ?

I was only telling the truth - with documentation to back it up. Is that forbidden now on CGN ?

Who deleted your post? I did. What to know why? Because I pay good money for use of this forum and if I feel a post is negatively representing my company with out getting all the facts out there correctly first I have no problem deleting it.

I have a few issues with your story, the first being you went to 3 different dealers looking for an SSG 69 PII. I don't believe it. You know why? Because I have at least 25 of them sitting in my warehouse right now. If 3 different dealers were telling you they weren't available, they either wanted to sell you something else, or were too lazy to pick up the phone.

I have personally since late 2010, ordered every custom Steyr that was been requested. I don't recall a request for a SSG 69 PII with sights from a Snowy Owl however. The only "problem" with Steyr is that it's a higher end expensive gun. The reason you don't see them in every rack in a gun shop, isn't because the supply is bad, it's because most gun shops won't make that kind of investment without a buyer already lined up. It's a lot of money to be tied up on a rack hanger.

You guys have no idea how many internet tire kickers waste time by getting a custom SSG 69 or and SSG 08 priced out, only to go out and buy an Axis because they can't come up with the money. It's frustrating to the dealers, and it's frustrating for me.

And Oliver from Steyr and myself butt heads on a regular basis, and his comment really ticked me off. I'm sure he would like to sell 100 SSG 69's a year, but you know what? It's not going to happen because 99% of people have champagne taste and a beer budget.

I love Steyr too, but don't tell me it's not available. I fondle more SSG 08's and Elites in a week than most people will see in their lifetime. Want to see one in a gun shop? Ask the dealer to order one so you can look it at. He'll probably tell you to go pound sand without a deposit.

That being said, I hope your enjoying your Steyr rifle. It's a great gun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123