Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW CZ 858 Canadian Model

Are they comming with all the extras? Mags and bayonet ect.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by st1264 View Post
    These rifles are made from refurbished/military surplus/NOS parts with the Non-Restricted barrel being new. The military sized barrels are chrome lined-also surplus.

I seriously doubt anything is in the works for any improvement on them. They are what they are, excellent rifles for the money.

I believe the CSA have new receivers and the gremlin has been fixed. As for a non-restricted chrome lined barrel, not sure if it exists.
    That's a shame cause I might as well spend $600 less and get an unissued military grade Chinese SKS for $190 that does have chrome lining. No detachable mags, no cool accessories, and not quite as sexy. Loads fast with strippers (with practice), and just as accurate. Did I mention $600 less? That $600 could be spent on 3000 rounds of 7.62x39.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy View Post
    Are they comming with all the extras? Mags and bayonet ect.
    Welcome to the nuthouse....what a great first post! :D

CGN frequent flyer Big_red_truck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by "J" man View Post
    That's a shame cause I might as well spend $600 less and get an unissued military grade Chinese SKS for $190 that does have chrome lining. No detachable mags, no cool accessories, and not quite as sexy. Loads fast with strippers (with practice), and just as accurate. Did I mention $600 less? That $600 could be spent on 3000 rounds of 7.62x39.
    No one is twisting your arm to get one... 750$ isn't that bad IMHO.
    I'm canadian eh , there's no doot aboot

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    I'm glad I have my tinfoil hat on the morning while operating the microwave oven.
    Rob

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_red_truck View Post
    No one is twisting your arm to get one... 750$ isn't that bad IMHO.
    I didn't mean to come across as a jerk. I guess I just can't handle the fact that I have to upgrade my license, get an ATT, get harassed more, and build a mini bunker in the house just to get the 58 the way I want it. Oh well.

For what it's worth, if I were to get it, the stock is a nice touch for $50 extra.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    It's an excellent rifle, lighter and more modern than the sks. I have an sks and love it, but the cz858/vz58 is way cooler. $695 or $750 isn't a lot to pay for a rifle. Milled receiver, it will outlast you. There's a reason why so many have been sold.

Good way to celebrate the LGR's demise.

CGN frequent flyer Big_red_truck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by "J" man View Post
    I didn't mean to come across as a jerk. I guess I just can't handle the fact that I have to upgrade my license, get an ATT, get harassed more, and build a mini bunker in the house just to get the 58 the way I want it. Oh well.

For what it's worth, if I were to get it, the stock is a nice touch for $50 extra.
    i know it sucks and it's a hassle but if it's your dream gun go for it.
    I'm canadian eh , there's no doot aboot

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    I'm glad I have my tinfoil hat on the morning while operating the microwave oven.
    Rob

Does every CZ-858 come with that grey paint looking finish? I've only ever seen one in person, and I'm curious if they are all that way, or are some blued?

The one in this thread doesn't look like the original super bomb proof greyish paint that the VZ 58's have...looks more like black to me.