Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Norinco M1 carbine, is it possible?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    I love the .30carbine, but the ammo cost sucks. I have a few hundred rounds of surplus, but I don't want to shoot it all.
    I'd be happy if they just imported some cheap carbine ammo. I know the chances that exists is pretty much zero.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

.30 carbine ammo

Why should it have to be imported....isn't somebody custom loading ammo in this country? I'm not a market researcher so I could be wrong, but if the M1 is as popular as this thread would seem to indicate, the demand should be there, no?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by cadgo View Post
    Marstar is already bringing them in..... not chinese though.
    Uh, you mean the .22 look-alike things, or something that actually resembles the old PPSH...??
    You are either trained or untrained, and you
    will always fall to the level of your training.

Expired Business
    M-1 CARBINE;

I must say I am amazed at some of the suggestions, "I want one in .223" that would be an interesting feat, since the cartridge is 45mm long compared to what the action was designe for (7.62x33)
    Not to mention the fact that the M-1 was NOT designed for the pressure of such a cartridge....

"M-1 in .45acp" One might have to consider that the diameter of the case head will be somewhat larger than the M-1 bolt can accept....

M-1 in .30/30" is my favorite, how in hell do we get this large round into the tiny M-1 action ?? Not too mention that the pressure of the .30/30 is way above what the M-1 can handle....

How about it guys, a little reseach, a little reading ??

John

Expired Business
    BEARHUNTER:
    "I remember Marstar was going to bring some in from Italy (3 X the price) but that seems to have evaporated as well. Maybe, they were trying to get into the US markets?"

AT 3x the price, how did you arrive at this ??
    I explained that due to laour issues the factory was closed in Italy....
    We already had approval for the US, so what is the issue ??

Please a little research goes a long way.... Before offering statements
    John

Expired Business
    MAPLE_LEAF_EH;
    "Having owned a carbine as one of my first guns, I can say it is incredibly simple. Wong Fei and Hung Lo Fat would have no trouble reverse engineering the essentials."

Man you make it sound so simple, obviously you have extensive personal knowledge in this area.
    I would like to sit down with you and discuss your heading up the project for us.

It sounds so easy I would assume you should be able to deliver the first units within a very short delay ?

John

Hey John
    If there is none in .50BMG left I'll take one in .30 carbine.
    Seriously if Norinco produced an M1 carbine like they have done with the M14 I'll take at least one.
    God made me an atheist.
    Religion - The most destructive weapon man has ever created.
    You can always have fun at someone else's expense.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuck3436's Avatar
    .223 m1 carbine? See mini-14.

pistol caliber m1 carbine? See Ruger pc-9/pc-40

Ruger purposely used the m1 carbine as a base design concept when creating these. The mini-14 and Ruger pc-9 are exactly what you would get if you were to try to engineer a m1 carbine into any other caliber.

I thought this was blatantly obvious already?

But I guess like said...a little research......

Quote Originally Posted by Weapontech View Post
    Uh, you mean the .22 look-alike things, or something that actually resembles the old PPSH...??
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=665316
    When they came for my Full auto machine gun, no one did a thing, as it didn't affect them. When they came for my Converted auto, they still said nothing. When they came for my Handguns and Semi-autos they were still too scared to say anything. When they came for my single shot bolt-action .22 rifle, there was no one left to help me.
    Is this what we want to see in our future?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    M-1 CARBINE;

"M-1 in .45acp" One might have to consider that the diameter of the case head will be somewhat larger than the M-1 bolt can accept....

How about it guys, a little reseach, a little reading ??

John
    Speaking of doing a little research and a little reading, there have been plenty of carbines in 45 Win Mag done over the years.
    I dislike having a battle of wits when my opponent comes unarmed....it just seems so unsportsmanlike!