Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stock III

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cbabes's Avatar

Stock III

Quote Originally Posted by phatman View Post
    OK the nickel finish - is it being marketed as longer wearing or beneficial over the regular blued gun? I am abit wary of Nickel being a veneer rather than part the metal such as stainless steel -

and B) from what I'm hearing the rubber base pads might be more durable than the aluminum ones...

Aside from that I am pretty much sold on a Stock III in some configuration - just not sure if it's a 'regular' III or a 'special' III
    I haven't been babying the finish on my regular Stock III and not a mark on it. By far the best gun I have tried for IPSC production.

Lions need not concern themselves with the opinions of the lambs.

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phatman View Post
    OK the nickel finish - is it being marketed as longer wearing or beneficial over the regular blued gun?
    It's being marketed as a different color finish; it just costs more do nickle plate than bluing.

from what I'm hearing the rubber base pads might be more durable than the aluminum ones...
    That's a toss up. Aluminum bases are simpler to deal with and lasts as long on outdoor surfaces.
    Rubber might last longer indoors; but there really isn't any perfect solution for sturdy mag base extensions on this platform for dropping them on concrete.

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freedom.ventures.92
    Follow us on Instagram at https://instagram.com/freedom_ventures/

Please do not PM- email us at sales@freedomventures.ca

www.freedomventures.ca (902) 455-5483

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maurice's Avatar
    Looking forward to picking up my special at the Spring bang; i bought a streamlight TLR -4 already for the rail.
    HOT DOGS GIVE ME ENERGY, SO I CAN FIGHT OFF MY DEMONS

FWIW - it turned out to be a 'regular' Stock III. Traded a mini 14 for it - the Ruger is yesterday's news - hoping the Tanfoglio is tomorrows...
    BTW the facilitator was Williams Arms in Port - they have a good used Ranch Rifle in stock...
    “shoot your pistol for speed, your rifle for accuracy and know how to load your shotgun.”

OK sorry to hijack this thread from the OP but I just picked up my Stock III from Williams today and I wanted to give my first impressions of it.

seems to shoot very well - I didn't expect to have it today (CFO getting better with transfers?) so I didn't have any of my match ammo - had to buy a couple of boxes of Federals - 124gr FMJ

slide to frame fit is very impressive - not a lot of slop - and it seems to rack very smoothly - not sure what the hammer/return spring weights are - but they are much lighter than my stock Shadow

DA trigger pull is smooth - no creepiness - although I found that the SRT pull is longer than my Shadow - course it could be the curve of the trigger itself - that could take some getting used to...

front sight - wish it was fibre optic - spoiled by the CZ -

grip is substantial - not as thick as a Beretta 92 - not as thin as a 1911 - this - as well as the front sight could be adjusted with Eric parts.

1st cleaning - again this is a well built gun - guide rod, spring, barrel - everything looks like it could withstand many 1000s of rounds before breakage or wear.

So to sum it up - if I were to compare this with my CZ - stock to stock - there is no comparison. This gun has all the modifications that I ended up doing to my CZ, but then again this gun is a 1/3 more expensive than my CZ

I'm going to give this gun a nice break in period - then subject it to the de rigueur of IPSC
    “shoot your pistol for speed, your rifle for accuracy and know how to load your shotgun.”

Can't wait to pick mine up and put the delta hammer in :D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cbabes's Avatar

Stock III

The new Stock III Xtreme...

Lions need not concern themselves with the opinions of the lambs.

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    Direct from Italy...

We will add the Xtreme pistols, parts and accessories price list by the end of the month. Please be aware we will be ready for accepting order from the end of May.
    So we have to wait a little longer for the Xtreme Stock IIs and IIIs

(Note that this is pistols only, we do still expect Xtreme Hammers and firing pins soon)
    Last edited by Freedom Ventures; 04-17-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freedom.ventures.92
    Follow us on Instagram at https://instagram.com/freedom_ventures/

Please do not PM- email us at sales@freedomventures.ca

www.freedomventures.ca (902) 455-5483

Not sure if i should cancel my stock 3 special order and go the extreme mm decisions haha

thought i've put in an order already for all the xtreme gear

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast