Thread: CSA Rifles Plug and Play with Magwell adapters (7.62x39)? (No machining)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar

CSA Rifles Plug and Play with Magwell adapters (7.62x39)? (No machining)

I've been reading that some of the CSA rifles need to be machined to accept the new magwell adapters for the .223 10rd pistol mags, is this true for the 7.62 rifles as well?

I contacted a dealer and was told that a CSA 7.62x39 rifle would have to be machined at additional cost to accept the magwell adapters.

I thought it was plug&play... that these Generation 2 adapters were specifically made for these CSA rifles. Am I missing something?

Actually curious about that too

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    There is an B&T adapter that allows the use of xcr 10 round pistol mags for the CSA/CZ 7.62x39 rifles, and yes the receiver has to be machined, but you can also use original mags

What you are thinking of is gen 2 CSA adapters for the vz 58 .223 only, that are drop in/no machining, but then you cant use the original mags

Ok, I see. Thanks Luke.

The CSA AR-15 mag well adapter is for 5.56/.223 rifles only. These mag well adapters will not function with CSA 7.62x39 rifles - the adapters were never originally designed to work with 7.62x39 rifles.

CSA 5.56/.223 rifles that use the AR-15 mag well adapter can still use the original CSA 5.56/.223 polymer magazines once the original mag catch and bolt catch is reinstalled. In other words, the rifle can still use both types of magazines as long as the correct mag catch (or adapter catch) and bolt catch is installed. Takes a few minutes to swap these parts.

Thanks,
    Dan

The 7.62x39 CSA/CZ's are being fitted with a magwell adapter to accept 7.62x39, 10rd pistol mags. This is what the question was pertaining to, not the 5.56.

I think this magwell adapter is made by another company and requires machining.