Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gen 4 lowers available soon

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
    why not include the ambidextrous mag release an ambidextrous safety out of the gate to make this generations fully ambidextrous out of the box?
    Cause if you are like me, this is exactly what you want...

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
    I know the bolt release is the big thing but why not include the ambidextrous mag release an ambidextrous safety out of the gate to make this generations fully ambidextrous out of the box?
    Can we have picture of the other side of the receiver as well?
    Not everyone needs or wants a fully ambi lower and we are trying to keep the costs down as it seems "cheap" is the most common word used on gun forums.

The Norgon and ambi safety both of which we do not make will add over $150.00 to the cost of the lower.
    Our products are already expensive due to them being a very high quality, low production product with many features not found on the mass produced "cheap ARs" and many guys will fail to remember that our lower will have to be priced accordingly if we add all the aftermarket goodies.

Price perception is everything so if we included the Norgon and ambi safety Timney trigger as standard equipment in our lower, guys would instantly quit looking as the complete lower less furniture and buffer and tube in now what you can buy a complete low end cheap AR for.
    More often than not apples get compared to oranges.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer74 View Post
    Is that a 12" (+/- 0.5'") barrel, and what trigger is that ? Timney ?

And do you stock Norgons Ambi-Catch ?

Great stuff as always !
    Yes 12.5" barrel.
    Yes Timney trigger.
    Yes we stock Norgons.
    Thank you for the kind words!:D

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Sweet mother. I've been talking to Dustin for the last week about placing an order. As soon as I get my custom artwork done I'll be sending it in with a deposit. That is a thing of beauty.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    So the question is... How much?
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDL View Post
    So the question is... How much?
    As per our website

With milspec LPK installed $685.00
    With RRA 2 stage match trigger installed $885.00
    With Timney single stage match trigger installed $925.00
    Ambi safety ($55.00) and Norgon ($120.00) are optional at additional cost
    Last edited by alberta tactical rifle; 04-05-2012 at 09:45 AM.

Can these still be bought as a stripped upper and lower matched set? What would be the price without LPK? I already have a DD LKP and am wanting to purchase the matched set in the future.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Is the 'milspec' lower parts kit an M16 parts kit minus the auto sear, or is it an AR15 parts kit with an M16 hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by kbun View Post
    Can these still be bought as a stripped upper and lower matched set? What would be the price without LPK? I already have a DD LKP and am wanting to purchase the matched set in the future.
    Yes they can, the matched upper/lower set is $950.00. We would prefer to install the LPK kit for you as there is some fitting of the springs required so as the lower will operate correctly. The spring capture screws require several springs to be shortened so that there is still correct travel.
    We do not charge anything to install your LPK into our lower and frankly the modifications are not brain surgery, but having done this many times it is a very quick and simple thing for us to do for you, that way also we can test it for function before you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by cancer View Post
    Is the 'milspec' lower parts kit an M16 parts kit minus the auto sear, or is it an AR15 parts kit with an M16 hammer?
    NO That is a slippery slope for all and we prefer to be above reproach so only will instal AR15 parts kits, the exception being for the guns we make for LE agencies if they request F/A capability in which case the full meal deal is installed.
    There is absolutely NO advantage to putting an M16 fire control kit into an AR15. However having been involved a few times in the past with the legal system on behalf of others who have had run ins with the law, the "roasting" of the accused is greatly increased when all the F/A parts short of the auto sear are present in a firearm that has been seized.
    This is further complicated should any other "questionable" parts or accessories be found in 1s possession.

I can only think of 1 manufacturer who is putting M16 fire control groups into AR15s and frankly I think it is a BAD idea given the way gun owners are dealt with in times of trouble, be it sought after trouble, or just troble that stumbles across a person by happenstance.

For the record for those who have purchased an "inexpensive AR" with the F/A fire control group installed from the manufacturer, we will not sell the sear and disconnector to those who can not produce a RPAL with 12-2 on the back. I mention this as we have had many inquiries for these parts from owners of "inexpensive AR15s" I am fully cognizant of the laws, but just do not need to get dragged into someone elses headache for supplying parts that when installed leads to illegal actions. We supply a lot of product to LE agencies and to damage our working relationship with them selling these parts is counterproductive to the relationship.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast