Thread: Shot my free targets today!!

Shot my free targets today!!

I just got around to getting out and shooting my free targets today.

Unfortunately the vids I took don't show the targets at all. The targets were set at 50yds and 100yds. I do have a couple pics though. Don't mind the shots though, It was my first time shooting a rifle (m14 with iron sights)

50yds:

100yds:

CGN Ultra frequent flyer joe-nwt's Avatar
    Well if that second target was representative of a gopher patch, there would be no need to worry about there not being any left for next time........
    ...I don't like making plans for the day because then "premeditated" gets thrown around the courtroom.

Quote Originally Posted by joe-nwt View Post
    Well if that second target was representative of a gopher patch, there would be no need to worry about there not being any left for next time........
    Just wanted to make sure there was no survivors

From the top of the big square and down I had no idea if I was even hitting paper. I could barely see the target at that distance and when the sights were lined up, the target disappeared.

After I somewhat figured it out. I did the top "group".

BANNED
    Did ya use birdshot?

Just kidding around, couldn't resist lol

some solidly spaced groups there... just bugging! Hope you enjoyed you first time out!

Talking

So where did you get the custom ammo with 00 Buck? Like the rest just kidding, hope you had fun

CGN Regular
    Baby steps first - hitting paper. It's difficult to shoot at 100 m with iron sights if your're not using a spotting scope. Very small adjustments result in big movement downrange. When I first started shooting 30 cal rifles with irons I was happy to get all the shots into a 6 inch circle. Now I beat myself up if I don't shoot a "good" group or pull a shot. Keep practicing and have fun. I get good results with a no-mod M14 and find the sights good to use but the adjustments are a bit gritty/sloppy.