Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: CSA chrome lined 18.5"

Sign me up for a CSA vz 58 11.5" in 7.62x39
    PAL is required for all ammo/firearms sales immediately after buyer states "I'll take it". Failure to do so will result in the loss of your first to claim it position. Shipping insurance is extra and must be requested.

CGN Regular
    sorry to ask, I know it's been debated in the red rifle forum, but do the 7.62 version still has that problem where you would squeeze the trigger and nothing happen ? I would appreciate some info from those familiar with the rifle ! I like the style and the fact that it has a Chrome barrel. But at the same time, I would hate to invest money into something you can't thrust. Thanks guys !

P&D in Edmonton had a couple in stock when i grabbed one a week ago. As for any trigger issues, Ill find out this weekend!
    <Making chicken soup out of chicken s**t>

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vickers vanguard View Post
    sorry to ask, I know it's been debated in the red rifle forum, but do the 7.62 version still has that problem where you would squeeze the trigger and nothing happen ? I would appreciate some info from those familiar with the rifle ! I like the style and the fact that it has a Chrome barrel. But at the same time, I would hate to invest money into something you can't thrust. Thanks guys !
    That only happens in non tabbed bolt carriers.
    All csa vz58 are tabbed.
    Cz 858 bolt carriers are not tabbed and some people do experience these problems.
    What?

CGN Regular
    Thanks for your input Andrew, really appreciated.

CGN Regular
    I finally got a chromed barrel Vz58 in 7.62. Quality is impressive and the rifle is as simple as it can get. Now here's the issue if I can call it an issue, i'm using PMC 123 gr amo, and every 20 rounds or so, i get a FTF ! the round gets stuck halfway going between the magazine and the barrel. Sometime, me pushing the slide a bit forward is enough to move the bullet all the way in and close the slide. I did not try another amo, anybody seen this before ??

I finally got a chromed barrel Vz58 in 7.62. Quality is impressive and the rifle is as simple as it can get. Now here's the issue if I can call it an issue, i'm using PMC 123 gr amo, and every 20 rounds or so, i get a FTF ! the round gets stuck halfway going between the magazine and the barrel. Sometime, me pushing the slide a bit forward is enough to move the bullet all the way in and close the slide. I did not try another amo, anybody seen this before ??
    No mine ran fine for the first 5 rounds then my firing pin chipped at the groove that keeps it in the channel (Not sure if I explained that correctly) and fell out.

I have yet to call in for warranty. I don't think this is a common rifle problem though, perhaps a factory imperfection on the pin itself I don't know.

VZ 58 is civilian version of military firearm.

Getting FTF on the range may not matter to you, but on the battlefield may mean difference between life and death.

How impressive is the quality of this rifle if it regularly FTF every 20 rounds?
    I like this rifle, and was considering purchase but after couple of posts I just read, I am happy I did not.

I hope you guys get your problems taken care of and have it for good, long time without additional issues.

CGN Regular
    Lanis,

I have to agree with you on the FTF issue, i'm just hoping this is just an amo issue.......................my SKS doesn't have an issue with the same amo though. Other than that, it's an excellent design with a huge potential if they can figure out these little bugs. I doubt the military version has the same problems !

Problems with a simple and decades old design would not be a good thing. Hopefully someone will chime in with a good range report for this new batch.

edit: could FTF be simply due to not cleaning / degreasing prior to use?
    Last edited by evolture; 08-16-2013 at 11:46 PM.