CSA chrome lined 18.5"

sorry to ask, I know it's been debated in the red rifle forum, but do the 7.62 version still has that problem where you would squeeze the trigger and nothing happen ? I would appreciate some info from those familiar with the rifle ! I like the style and the fact that it has a Chrome barrel. But at the same time, I would hate to invest money into something you can't thrust. Thanks guys !

P&D in Edmonton had a couple in stock when i grabbed one a week ago. As for any trigger issues, Ill find out this weekend!

sorry to ask, I know it's been debated in the red rifle forum, but do the 7.62 version still has that problem where you would squeeze the trigger and nothing happen ? I would appreciate some info from those familiar with the rifle ! I like the style and the fact that it has a Chrome barrel. But at the same time, I would hate to invest money into something you can't thrust. Thanks guys !

That only happens in non tabbed bolt carriers.
All csa vz58 are tabbed.
Cz 858 bolt carriers are not tabbed and some people do experience these problems.

I finally got a chromed barrel Vz58 in 7.62. Quality is impressive and the rifle is as simple as it can get. Now here's the issue if I can call it an issue, i'm using PMC 123 gr amo, and every 20 rounds or so, i get a FTF ! the round gets stuck halfway going between the magazine and the barrel. Sometime, me pushing the slide a bit forward is enough to move the bullet all the way in and close the slide. I did not try another amo, anybody seen this before ??

I finally got a chromed barrel Vz58 in 7.62. Quality is impressive and the rifle is as simple as it can get. Now here's the issue if I can call it an issue, i'm using PMC 123 gr amo, and every 20 rounds or so, i get a FTF ! the round gets stuck halfway going between the magazine and the barrel. Sometime, me pushing the slide a bit forward is enough to move the bullet all the way in and close the slide. I did not try another amo, anybody seen this before ??

No mine ran fine for the first 5 rounds then my firing pin chipped at the groove that keeps it in the channel (Not sure if I explained that correctly) and fell out.

I have yet to call in for warranty. I don't think this is a common rifle problem though, perhaps a factory imperfection on the pin itself I don't know.

VZ 58 is civilian version of military firearm.

Getting FTF on the range may not matter to you, but on the battlefield may mean difference between life and death.

How impressive is the quality of this rifle if it regularly FTF every 20 rounds?
I like this rifle, and was considering purchase but after couple of posts I just read, I am happy I did not.

I hope you guys get your problems taken care of and have it for good, long time without additional issues.

Lanis,

I have to agree with you on the FTF issue, i'm just hoping this is just an amo issue.......................my SKS doesn't have an issue with the same amo though. Other than that, it's an excellent design with a huge potential if they can figure out these little bugs. I doubt the military version has the same problems !

Problems with a simple and decades old design would not be a good thing. Hopefully someone will chime in with a good range report for this new batch.

edit: could FTF be simply due to not cleaning / degreasing prior to use?

Last edited:
I did not clean it before use, the rifle was super clean when I took it out of the box ! it/s really the bullet getting stuck between the magazine and the small feed ramp at the barrel throat. it seems the bullet is too soft and get stuck....doesn't slide. I'll try a different amo and will let you know

I got to the range and only got 80 rounds (mix of czech and chicom) out of my csa and so far no issues at all, inspected all parts afterwards and seen no problems whatsoever.

I bought one KCI mag and dont like it at all, it feeds just fine and what not but its pinned to allow for 5 rounds exactly with the last one being a real pain to put in, not like the included mags that are pinned at 5.5

I got to the range and only got 80 rounds (mix of czech and chicom) out of my csa and so far no issues at all, inspected all parts afterwards and seen no problems whatsoever.

I bought one KCI mag and dont like it at all, it feeds just fine and what not but its pinned to allow for 5 rounds exactly with the last one being a real pain to put in, not like the included mags that are pinned at 5.5

Thanks for that heads up. I was looking at those at the price point but now ill steer clear

These issues should go away after you break in your rifle. They likely over applied the enamel paint, causing a bit too much friction. I had the same thing with my 556 csa. Haven't tested out my new chromed vz yet though.

These issues should go away after you break in your rifle. They likely over applied the enamel paint, causing a bit too much friction. I had the same thing with my 556 csa. Haven't tested out my new chromed vz yet though.

Finally got the chance to shoot a different amo at an outdoor range. I used Barnaul and MFS . I know it's the same factory but they still look different and the barnaul cost 30% less than MFS. Anyway, after more than 300 bullets.............not a single FTF, that thing worked flawless, and I haven't even cleaned it yet. It either like Helios001 said, it just needed a little break in ( shot 80 rounds previous to that) or this thing loves the cheap, steel cased amo.

Back
Top Bottom