Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New Ruger 10/22 Takedown Model

Be interesting to see if anyone makes a smaller aftermarket case.
    you forget....I am not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me!

My new SUV has a space under the rear trunk lid that this set-up would fit nice and snug, away from prying eyes.

Ya, Im on this.

CGN Regular
    I'm buying one too. I think it is a perfect little gun. How is the 10 22 in the cold?

I'll be interested in this gun as well. Does it suffer in accuracy from having the barrel in two pieces?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ardent's Avatar
    Northern BC, Coastal BC, or Africa. Depends on the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezuch View Post
    I'll be interested in this gun as well. Does it suffer in accuracy from having the barrel in two pieces?
    The barrel is only one piece, there's just a system to quickly separate the receiver and barrel. The test earlier in this thread from gunblast indicated it is as accurate as a standard 10/22.

To the poster asking about 10/22's and cold, they do just swell, just don't lube them much and use something like CLP.

CGN Regular
    Sweet. I was thinking about a papoose and a cz 452, but I don't really need a tack driver. This gun will suit all my 22 needs. Now if they would bring back the 44 carbine, I would be really pumped.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sgt.rock's Avatar
    geee, how can we make the stock ruger 10/22 more inaccurate out of the box? Let's cut 'er in half and see. I'm sure it won't affect poi much at all when put back together.
    (just being a smartass........ one of the few that has resisted owning one. Just too homely out of the box for me. )
    My Grandfather always said " Kid...............if you meet more than one arsehole in a day, chances are you are the arsehole. "

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rocket Surgery's Avatar
    Jeff Quinn did a review on GunBlast. He took the barrel off every 5 shots just to see if the POI would change and it didn't. That was one of my concerns, the other would be to know whether or not the barrel nut came loose after a few rounds like my AR7 does.

So is Jo-Brook actually taking orders for stock or is he just 'offering' as in will sell them once they cross the border?
    Fusilier
    Webmaster for:
    IPSC NS - www.ipscns.ca

Man...No MORE no more...I can't take this anymore...damn you new design...soo tempting....I can't resist it.....

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast