Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: shooting near petawawa

I'll be there and bring a buddy, probably only until noon though

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    I spent 2 days cleaning that one last year before I went on roto. I posted a thread on here with pics lambasting anyone who was responsible for the s**t show and who is really responsible for our bad rap with the public sometimes. Here's some of the pics:

I filled up the back of my Ranger twice and I still couldn't get all the stuff!
    It's nice to see it only took less than a year for the f**king slugs to turn it into a s**thole again.

But, if we don't do it, who will right?

Chalkriver, are you talking about the range that you posted pics of, or the sand pit one off Wylie in the bush a ways?

I'll be there either way for 0900 man.
    I remember going out there in the spring last year for the first time in years and thinking what a $hithole this has become.....I came back a couple of weeks later and found it cleaned up. My first thoughts were 'I wish I was here to help'.....and now I know who to thank (or help). You did a very nice job, Thank You Sir. You're absolutely right....the MNR will only tolerate this for so long, then the privilege will be lost for everybody....
    I could never understand why a dryer, freezer or CRT TV would make a very good target anyway....how could you miss?
    Reduce...Reuse...Reload
    Member - CCFR

BANNED
    Well we cleaned up the Wylie road spot yesterday :D and the next one will be the one on Baron Canyon road....early May would work for a few of us.
    If anyone else wants to come out and help ,post something on here or send me a PM.

Thanks again to all who showed up yesterday.

Its nice to see that some people actually do care about the different shooting areas around Pet. It is just sad the amount of garbage and spent shells that people leave. I find myself driving farther off Baron Canyon to find a "virgin" place, and even that is becoming harder and harder to find.

Let me know if people are going out to clean up sometime, I would love to help. I have missed the last couple of times Mr Bickle went out.

new to Pet

both areas sound great to go shooting at. Can anyone give me directions to either the whily road site or Baron Canyon road place. I would like to get out soon its been awhile. Any help would be great

Need directions

both areas sound great to go shooting at. Can anyone give me directions to either the Baron Canyon road place. I would like to get out soon its been awhile. Any help would be great

Quote Originally Posted by boomer625 View Post
    both areas sound great to go shooting at. Can anyone give me directions to either the Baron Canyon road place. I would like to get out soon its been awhile. Any help would be great
    First go down Wylie rd, take the left (if coming from Chalk river) onto Bronson, go down about 2-3km theirs a shooting area on the left hand side, or theirs another one another few km down on the right hand side its an old quarry.

the one on Barryon cannon rd, about a few miles in, theres a hunt camp along the road, follow the trail that leads right through it. you'll come up to a Y intersection go right, into the bush about 200m and on your left you'll see a old quarry.

I realize it's not likely that anyone on here is responsible for that mess...but how embarrassing? Can you imagine bringing a washing machine (or dryer...whatever that was) out into the wilderness, shooting the crap out of it and leaving it there? I sure can't. Unbelievable. And those shotgun casings? Wow.

From someone who lives 8 hrs from Petawawa (but spent my fair share of time there), thanks to all who participated in the clean-ups. Anyone who enjoys hunting, fishing, hiking...whatever...owes you a debt of gratitude.

Thanks again! Keep up the good work.

Shooting in Crown land

Hi, can somebody tell me if is allowed to shoot in Crown land(out of hunting season) with non-restricted firearm? Sometimes shooting range is to far and is much cheaper to find a spot in crown land. Any place near Toronto?

Thread revival I know but anyone willing to clean up Baron Canyon Road again, I have no problem giving in time but I only drive a small car

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast