Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: shooting near petawawa

BANNED
    I cleaned up a bit of the crap on Wylie but would like to go out again .

I guess they cant read the sign I made either. I will have to make it bigger ...and bullet proof too I guess .

This is just from around the shooting bench and mainly shotgun hulls.

Last edited by chalkriver; 09-26-2013 at 08:07 AM.

Wow, that is disgusting. I am almost an hour from you, but I would definately come down with some help to clean up that mess. I have never been there since I shoot in the backyard but it looks like it takes a constant effort. Send me a PM the next time you decide to organize a cleanup. It is sad to see firearm owners lacking respect, a well hidden game camera would help to find out who the sh**bags are!

@Chalkriver I went to the willing road spot monday night ' it a complete dump (still much better than baron canyon road) I picked up a mop bucket full of casing+shell but sadly enough you can't even notice it.

As per the trail camera don't even bother I've asked guys that where about to leave to pick up some of the trash (ie food beer bottles case of target load and skeet) they looked at me and answered straight up no one does why would I.
    Last edited by --PA--; 09-25-2013 at 12:18 AM.

CGN Regular
    Thread revival.

I'm heading up to the area for a visit in a couple of weeks and want to do some shooting (especially with my 8 year old and his Rascal). In looking for Crown land areas to shoot in I found this thread. I'll check out the areas described in here. If there's a work party being set up for the near future I'd be in to help depending on timings.

Post up if it's looking like it's going to happen.

Cheers

Google earth co-ordinates

I know I'm reviving an ancient thread; however, does any one have the co-ordinates to the site listed on Barron Canyon Rd that is mentioned below? Then I can find it on google earth as I'm not seeing where it is.

I'm new to the area, not to hunting, and I don't want to join the base range. I only need to zero in a couple of scopes and practice shooting a new 12 gauge. I know joining is cheap, but I don't want to get in the way of guys that have to stick to a schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by fullchoke87 View Post

the one on Barryon cannon rd, about a few miles in, theres a hunt camp along the road, follow the trail that leads right through it. you'll come up to a Y intersection go right, into the bush about 200m and on your left you'll see a old quarry.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canadian Sig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin 935 View Post
    I know I'm reviving an ancient thread; however, does any one have the co-ordinates to the site listed on Barron Canyon Rd that is mentioned below? Then I can find it on google earth as I'm not seeing where it is.

I'm new to the area, not to hunting, and I don't want to join the base range. I only need to zero in a couple of scopes and practice shooting a new 12 gauge. I know joining is cheap, but I don't want to get in the way of guys that have to stick to a schedule.
    Mile marker 12 (12 kms after the outfitter's store)...I think this is it (only been there once): https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/45.82...8!2d45.8275789

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Sig View Post
    Mile marker 12 (12 kms after the outfitter's store)...I think this is it (only been there once): https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/45.82...8!2d45.8275789
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin 935 View Post
    Thanks
    little past maker 12, on the left handside, also there are a couple other spots, one on the right hand side past marker 15, another 200 meters in at marker 9 on the left. tons of spots. just clean your #### up, dirty people everywhere.

After reading some of the above posts, I've decided to take a few garbage bags with me.

Well, it's that time of year again.

I'll be headed out over the next few weeks to do some sight-ins and bring some garbage bags with me.

What's the closest place to dispose of the garbage?

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

"Covenants without the sword are but words, and of no strength to secure a man at all." - Hobbes

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234