Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: shooting near petawawa

shooting near petawawa

anyone know any places you can shoot in the petawawa ontario area besides a range? grids would be awesome. thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xxmixkexx View Post
    anyone know any places you can shoot in the petawawa ontario area besides a range? grids would be awesome. thanks
    How about the Petawawa National Forestry just west of the base on the south side of Highway 17, and before Deep River?
    Last time I was there you had to drive roughly due south along the main access road through the built up area from the main highway. Then accessed the gravel forestry road, checking in and out of a manned gate that you have to sign in at on arriving and while leaving, and there are rules concerning leaving before dusk, etc. Some good fishing spots there to with a canoe friendly landing at least at one lake on the western boundary IIRC. Grouse season gets downright cramped there, (road hunters galore) and the highlight of insanity peaks with the impatient moose hunters. Beware during these hunting seasons. Also be warned you will be sharing the back roads with logging trucks too.

maybe
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

BANNED
    That was an alarming title, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    How about the Petawawa National Forestry just west of the base on the south side of Highway 17, and before Deep River?
    Last time I was there you had to drive roughly due south along the main access road through the built up area from the main highway. Then accessed the gravel forestry road, checking in and out of a manned gate that you have to sign in at on arriving and while leaving, and there are rules concerning leaving before dusk, etc. Some good fishing spots there to with a canoe friendly landing at least at one lake on the western boundary IIRC. Grouse season gets downright cramped there, (road hunters galore) and the highlight of insanity peaks with the impatient moose hunters. Beware during these hunting seasons. Also be warned you will be sharing the back roads with logging trucks too.

maybe

ok thanks I will check this out! I did not know you could shoot in the research forest.

Also sorry for the poor title

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    There are a lot of spots anywhere off Baron Canyon road in Petawawa heading into the park.
    Also look into Wylie road in Deep River. Tons of Crown Land out that way and lots of great spots.
    Just do us a favour Sir, and pick up any trash/casings you leave at the sites. We're starting to draw some bad attention from the MNR guys from ####ing retards dumping #### out there, blasting it to hell and leaving it. Or not picking up their 500 spent shotgun casings.
    It's going to end real fast for all of us if they put a shooting ban for off season.
    If you want, PM me. I'm in Petawawa. I shoot very often out in the bush. I'll show you some spots if you're up for it. May be heading out this weekend actually if all goes well :D
    Cheers!
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Travis gives sage advice here.
    About the forestry area, obviously you must stay away from active work areas too friend.

good luck to you
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

Thanks for all the excellent answers everyone very helpful!

X2 on Travis bickle

Wes if you head out give me a shout.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frumpy View Post
    X2 on Travis bickle

Wes if you head out give me a shout.
    Ack.
    If anything it will probably be Saturday morning. I warn you though I'm an 0-dark-stupid riser :D
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    There are a lot of spots anywhere off Baron Canyon road in Petawawa heading into the park.
    Also look into Wylie road in Deep River. Tons of Crown Land out that way and lots of great spots.
    Just do us a favour Sir, and pick up any trash/casings you leave at the sites. We're starting to draw some bad attention from the MNR guys from f**king retards dumping s**t out there, blasting it to hell and leaving it. Or not picking up their 500 spent shotgun casings.It's going to end real fast for all of us if they put a shooting ban for off season.
    If you want, PM me. I'm in Petawawa. I shoot very often out in the bush. I'll show you some spots if you're up for it. May be heading out this weekend actually if all goes well :D
    Cheers!
    I agree 100% on this.....I was out there last weekend and it was disgusting. I have a pick-up truck, so I was considering cleaning some of it up (the bigger stuff) and making a dump run....if I had some assistance I would do that....PM me if anybody's interested....sorry for the thread Hi-jack OP
    Reduce...Reuse...Reload
    Member - CCFR

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast