Thread: Vortex Sparc

Vortex Sparc

I just want to take a moment to say thanks to the crew at Hamilton Tactical. I was in the market for a red dot and when I pm'ed them they were prompt and came back with a offer I could not refuse... :D Fast shipping and safe packaging. Here she is installed with a wilson combat rail I got off the EE.

I have to say this vortex looks like a quality product. I intended to buy it for a AR project but it may stay on the Camper. It came with 3 height risers. the one on is the lowest. Also, a optical add on to zoom a bit.. I assume I will not need that with the camper but who know.

Range report to follow.
    Last edited by civicbam; 03-31-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Damn it... I took the set up to the range and I forgot to take pix of the target. lol

It functioned perfectly. This was the first time using a Red dot and it was pretty basic. It took a couple mags to get use to getting the sight picture round after round but I got it.

Looks great!!! I was thinking about putting one of those on a ruger mark III. You just decided for me. I'm doing it. I thought It might be too big but it looks perfect. I've read a lot of reviews on the Sparc all good reviews and for the price I think it's hard to beat. Definitely getting one now. Thanks for the post
    Last edited by Lobster_pot; 04-10-2012 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Spelling

I don't know what the Ruger has for mounts but the Wilson combat I got is a great piece. I shot at 15ft and the gouping was a couple inches? pretty good for me. lol. I wish I took pics. I'll go again soon and take some.