Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 34mm rings

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar

34mm rings

Well after purchasing a Schmidt Bender 12x50 second focal plane scope for 1 of my rifles and finding that I really like it I soon discovered that there is a real lacking in the selection of rings.
    Most are too high, the only low ones I could find are always out of stock with the manufacturer. SO we decided we would make our own. Having a 5 axis wire EDM has its benefits.:D
    We make them out of 4140 rather than the mild steel many rings are made of and the entire ring is cut out of bar stock in 1 operation, so they are 100% perfect in tolerance.
    Once the EDM is done all that is left is to set them into the CNC mill and drill and tap the screw holes.
    Being as the SB scopes seem to not have a ton of spare real estate on their tubes we kept our rings down to a reasonable width of .600 and rather than the ton of itty bitty screws that some makes employ we opted for just 2 BIG ones, so on either side of the ring cap is an 8x40 torx head screw so that even torque can be achieved. These rings easily withstand the recoil of 50 BMG and being as they are made in matched sets require NO lapping, assuming your mounting rail is true and straight.
    The cross bolt is standard 1/4" with a 7/16" tension nut and the rings are true 1913 Picatinny spec for mounting to the rail. Being 4140 we opted to hot blue them rather than parkerize them as they look real purdy.
    Keeping with our PROUDLY Made IN Canada mantra the rings are engraved with our standard Maple Leaf logo found on nearly everything we manufacture.
    Pricing is $225.00 per matched set.
    Photos to follow.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Great News!!

Any pics yet?
    Yep, it's like that.....

Still no pics I could use a set for my S&B:D

Sorry I forgot to upload the photo to CGN, they have supposed to have been on our website for a few weeks now too.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Thanks Rick. Will be in touch soon.

Thinking of picking up a pair of your 34mm rings. Your 34mm rings are now made of 7075 aluminum correct?

I hear nothing but good things. But if you were going to convince someone to buy your rings over the competition, how would you say they fare compared to the Nightforce or Seekins 34mm rings?
    “... What a tragedy if that moment finds them unprepared or unqualified for that which could have been their finest hour.” Churchill

IN PACE PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Thinking of picking up a pair of your 34mm rings. Your 34mm rings are now made of 7075 aluminum correct?

I hear nothing but good things. But if you were going to convince someone to buy your rings over the competition, how would you say they fare compared to the Nightforce or Seekins 34mm rings?
    Stronger and much more precisely made and without the large gap between the ring halves.
    AND All Canadian made:D

Are they now made of aluminum?

I always thought the gap was because various scope manufacturers have slightly different thicknesses. I'm sure you know more about it than I do.
    “... What a tragedy if that moment finds them unprepared or unqualified for that which could have been their finest hour.” Churchill

IN PACE PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Are they now made of aluminum?

I always thought the gap was because various scope manufacturers have slightly different thicknesses. I'm sure you know more about it than I do.
    It says its made of 4140 and thats carbon steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb314 View Post
    It says its made of 4140 and thats carbon steel.
    Actually back then (2012) we were first started making them we did so out of 4140, then switched to 17-4 stainless and recently started to offer them in 7075 T651 aluminum simply to keep the weight down while retaining all the structure of steel.
    We have also switched the cross bolt nuts to a more conventional style that we make in-house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast