Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shilling

CGN Ultra frequent flyer alter3d's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUAREHEAD1 View Post
    Wow.... Slow down.

Tactical Imports started all this on their own, with this Thread
    - they felt the need to tell all of us they don't shill.
    I have never seen this type of thread started by ANY other company on CGN...

I find this extremely odd... If you don't, good for you!
    You're missing the context that a) this thread is over a year old, and b) when this thread was created, another retailer/manufacturer was caught using shill accounts to hype their own product. TI didn't just come out of the blue and say "Hey, FYI, we don't shill!" -- it was precipitated by the actions of other board sponsors.

Try putting things in context before flying off the handle and reviving 16-month-old threads.

PS: Lay off on the bolding, it makes you look like an idiot.
    I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.
    ― Henry David Thoreau, On the Duty of Civil Disobedience

Laying off the bold, Brother... I'm real concerned that I don't look like an idiot! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveShooter View Post
    Peruse all you want, until you compare and research you can continue overpaying, same goes with walmart, crappy tire, best buy etc... like you said, this isnt a communist country, over pay all you want, i chose to shop around and pay less...much less, by over half on certain items. So when TI is selling something for 299 and i can get it for 120 with extras that TI charges extra for?? This is an item readily availible in Canada, not imported, wonder what the markup is on imported stuff?? They lost all business from me, I preordered my sg542 and 540 elsewhere..But by all means, pay more, this is a free country and all....
    I worked for a marine wholesaler /importer for quite a number of years, we did not do business with the general public as it was not in our best interests to compete for a few dollars profit with a customer (the retailers who bought from us ) who might be spending 100-200 000 a year or more with our company. I know Bike shops (mountain and road bikes) that have markups of 200-300 percent on parts shocks etc. and most retail places are probably selling for 150% of what it comes into a wholesaler for . The funny thing is even though guys would come in and say well I can get that for XXXX at (insert one of our customers names here ) we would still sell the retailer the item , make our 35-40 % and have a happy retailer who continued to buy from us who was happy with their sale and probably a new loyal customer because they were able to chip their price down a few points to satisfy him .

Quote Originally Posted by alter3d View Post
    You're missing the context that a) this thread is over a year old, and b) when this thread was created, another retailer/manufacturer was caught using shill accounts to hype their own product. TI didn't just come out of the blue and say "Hey, FYI, we don't shill!" -- it was precipitated by the actions of other board sponsors.

Try putting things in context before flying off the handle and reviving 16-month-old threads.

PS: Lay off on the bolding, it makes you look like an idiot.
    "Shill Accounts" ?? maybe not, but lots of the same people, who respond immediately to anything and everything in threads, ABSOLUTELY! - you can look up past threads (before they get deleted now) if you need proof. Exactly like this one. ;-)

PS, I'm very calm, I'm not flying off any handle, lol.
    Take care,
    Last edited by SQUAREHEAD1; 07-29-2013 at 05:15 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    I can't recall now, as it was so many moons ago... but was there not some other aspects associated with this shill scandal? Something to the effect that people would also come on and SLAM a particular company no matter what that company did? Even after months and months of no activity someone would just show up and start slamming a company out of the blue. Strange times indeed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer HeadDamage's Avatar
    I can't believe I missed shill gate.... If not for this tread from the dead I wouldn't have know to look it up.
    Remember remember early December
    Coalition, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why coalition, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer redshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    I can't recall now, as it was so many moons ago... but was there not some other aspects associated with this shill scandal? Something to the effect that people would also come on and SLAM a particular company no matter what that company did? Even after months and months of no activity someone would just show up and start slamming a company out of the blue. Strange times indeed.
    Makes you wonder...

I take a look into the Type 88 thread every so often as it seems to have a life of it's own. I really don't get the impression anyone is shilling for TI. There's lots of opinion about a rifle that few have held. Pretty much all the negative is from people that haven't even seen one. As for the price, it's worth what someone will pay...

I've owned two M 305's. A certain retard pointed out that Norinco's are a great value at their price point. My experience has been that a large percentage of them are a steal and a small percentage are a good value because they need a little work.

Dude your making accusations over nothing as far as I can tell. Time to put down the pipe...

Quote Originally Posted by HeadDamage View Post
    I can't believe I missed shill gate.... If not for this tread from the dead I wouldn't have know to look it up.

Hahaha! FIRST post!

Thanks go to squarehead1 for the BEAUTIFUL opportunity!

BANNED
    Shill Friends? Really?

Thats lame.

Someone is obviously not reading the rules regarding Dealer forums.

Would you go into their store and look in their face and accuse them and #### on them?

Not likely. Don't do it here

Actually, I'm that certain retard with the pipe, my friend... So, you're saying Norinco rifles are not good value "at their price point"?

... signed,
    the certain stoned retard

Quote Originally Posted by redshooter View Post
    Makes you wonder...

I take a look into the Type 88 thread every so often as it seems to have a life of it's own. I really don't get the impression anyone is shilling for TI. There's lots of opinion about a rifle that few have held. Pretty much all the negative is from people that haven't even seen one. As for the price, it's worth what someone will pay...

I've owned two M 305's. A certain retard pointed out that Norinco's are a great value at their price point. My experience has been that a large percentage of them are a steal and a small percentage are a good value because they need a little work.

Dude your making accusations over nothing as far as I can tell. Time to put down the pipe...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast