Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shilgate 2012

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar

Shilgate 2012

To all,

I’ve watched the drama of “Shilgate” unfold and to be honest, it’s now very very very tiresome.

I have now started to receive threatening emails that until I “certify” that all of my employees are not engaging in this practice, no more business will be coming my way.

These PMs “demand names”.

To be clear:

All employees of TSE that are authorized to speak on behalf of TSE have “TSE” in their CGN “handle”. Target Sports Specific employees have Target in their CGN “handle”.

Since January 2010 (yes for over 2 years) the Edge Group (Target Sports and The Shooting Edge) have had a “Social Media and Networking Policy” that every employee reads, signs and is expected to adhere to. Specific sections of this policy prohibits such activities as it would damage the reputation of TEG.

I am NOT going to ask or post my employee’s CGN names as they are of a personal nature and none of my business nor are they anyone else’s.

However, I am going to make sure that all employees re-read the policy and use “Shilgate” as an example of what the unintentional consequences can be if they fail to follow this policy.

If anyone on CGN believes a TSE employee is engaged in any such “antics”, I invite them to inform me asap and to let the moderation staff aware of these activities as they are NOT encouraged or condoned by the management of TEG.

However, with the same breath, as we have all made mistakes both personally and in business, I am not prepared to “throw NEA under the bus”.

I believe the apology was sincere and the actions due to frustration and a lapse in cognitive thought.

I will continue to support CGN and NEA.

We have an opportunity here for us to all learn from this situation. It’s now time to put it to bed and carry on.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Well said, It is time to put this unfortunate event in the past. Lessons learned.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 8 ball's Avatar
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    I have now started to receive threatening emails that until I “certify” that all of my employees are not engaging in this practice, no more business will be coming my way.

These PMs “demand names”.
    Unbelievable.
    For nothing can seem foul to those that win
    - King Henry IV, Act 5, Scene 1 -

"Unarmed? What am I, Canadian?"
    - John Pope, Falling Skies -

Amen. The issue has become tiresome.

And anyone who contacts a vendor and threatens them for imaginary sins is a waterhead of the first order. Who the hell does such a person think he is?
    Grammar is like personal hygiene - you can ignore it if you like, but don't be surprised when people make assumptions about you.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Relax... please... lets just let this whole matter fade to page 100.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN frequent flyer lil_juiced_coupe's Avatar
    I find it funny how some CGNers think that this forum is the be all end all for businesses.

BANNED
    South East of the Center of the Universe.
    Dan; what's a "waterhead"? I've never heard that expression before, made me laugh!

I worked with inmates for a few years. That was among the worst things one could call another. Never been clear on the etymology, but I assume it has something to do with hydrocephaly and a "perceived limitation in intellectual capability"...:D
    Grammar is like personal hygiene - you can ignore it if you like, but don't be surprised when people make assumptions about you.

The best thing is to shill out and relax. The shilliness will eventually blow over.
    I may be a Millwright but I can't fix stupid
    Millwrights-making engineers look good

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast