Thread: Complete swiss arms upper minus barrel?

CGN frequent flyer

Complete swiss arms upper minus barrel?

Just wondering if you're able to bring in a complete swiss arms upper (flat top carbine) minus the barrel? And of course, how much?

Out of curiosity - why?

Just want to replace a classic green Upper and swap barrels?

You could get a whole one and sell off the lower parts to someone with an NEA lower and the barrel will likely get some interest as well. Perhaps TSE would even keep these parts - I'm sure a Swiss LPK would go fast

CGN frequent flyer
    I already have a black special and want to do something like angryeyebrows (sp?). Carbine length handguard with a custom 18.5" NR barrel that is counterbored/has a built in brake. If I could shift the point of balance rearward a bit and shave off a 1/2 pound or so and keep it NR I'd like the rifle even more.

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep. TSE_Justin's Avatar
    Since these aren't exactly 'warranty' parts, we may not be able to go direct to SAN on these. I'll post when I get solid details. (upper receiver is the 'gun', remember)

CGN frequent flyer
    I appreciate that you're looking into it. Alternatively I suppose I could purchase the handguard/gas system and install parts on my existing receiver but then I'd be left with a bunch of spare parts.