Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to buy from website?

Quote Originally Posted by dead meat View Post
    When i want to buy something i just get on the phone and then put MR Visa to work. I still don`t trust the computer to handle my transactions.
    But you trust a complete stranger with your credit card number?

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    Our new website will feature a shopping cart....

The reason we have NOT had one until now is very simple, the vast majority of providers who offer the shopping cart service also host the site, they process the order and payment NOT the vendor....
    All of your confidential and personal information is on their servers.... We simply did not think that you wanted your name, address, PAL, details of firearms purchases , etc, etc on a third party server.... Think about it

John
    You're absolutely on the money John. This is the exact reason I prefer to use interact direct for online purchases since it's facilitated by my financial institution. A link on the website takes you to your associated bank and they process just like any other debit transaction using Moneris (who oversees 99.9% of debit/credit processes and is bound by Canadian privacy laws).

Much, much safer and it keeps the transaction away from a third party web service.

For those who disagree, think of what Bill C-30 could mean if someone wanted to track/hack that same info from a web service that does not have the same standards in place for safe guarding your financial privacy.
    - God created the Earth, Mauser drew the property lines
    - Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
    - Member NFA/CSSA/NRA/RCAF/CPC

Expired Business
    FRANKLIN E;
    "But you trust a complete stranger with your credit card number? "

I really hope you are not talking about Marstar ??

We handle thousands of credit card orders every year, have done so since 1984, not one single CC issue....

John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    I tried buying stuff through email it was a pain in the rear so I just gave up

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    First you check if the gun you want is in stock and after checking for several years and it is still out of stock you buy a gun someplace else that isn't what you wanted but all you can find.I check once a week to see if what I want is there yet and so far nothing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12