Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: GSh-18

how do i officially confirm my pre-order?

Supporting Dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by CARLTROS View Post
    how do i officially confirm my pre-order?
    We are not taking pre-orders yet. Send us an e-mail and we will contact you when they are ready to ship from Russia.

email: ... does this reply reserve one for me one they actually come in? i know these are gonna fly and i dont wanna lose out till the next order...
    thanks,carl.t
    Last edited by TeaPot2; 05-18-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Supporting Dealer
    We have added your contact information to the waiting list and will contact everyone on the list prior to shipment arrival.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mmattockx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkietheclown View Post
    same thing as every other gun. it goes bang and something comes out the front real fast.
    +1, if it is a firearm it is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Speckfire View Post
    I'd like one with 6 mags
    I am hoping for a package deal with the serialized mags like the Viking pistol. 6 mags sounds like a good start to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TeaPot2 View Post
    We are not taking pre-orders yet. Send us an e-mail and we will contact you when they are ready to ship from Russia.
    Email sent on your site, now waiting anxiously with the rest. Any update on a projected shipping date from Russia?

Any possibility that you can get a decent holster/mag pouch set up in stock with the guns? A pistol without a holster is not that useful for me.

Mark
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves".

- William Pitt

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Teapot's Avatar
    Hamilton, Ontario; the southern shore of Canada.
    Teapot2, do all pistols sold by Russia have weakened barrels? I read somewhere that the Viking pistols sold for export had a different barrel and firing pin than the units sent to the army. Would this be the same with all the GSh-18 pistols? That would be a pity because Russian arms are famous for being stronger than they need to be. For the factory to sell an intentionally weakened pistol does not seem like a successful marketing strategy.
    Could you please shed some light upon this matter please.
    By the way, from the photograph you posted you must be over six foot five as your hand is like a shovel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    I still want one, so I'll wait for it.

By I second the question by teapot 1
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

Thats pretty slick lookin. Im in

Supporting Dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by Teapot View Post
    Teapot2, do all pistols sold by Russia have weakened barrels? I read somewhere that the Viking pistols sold for export had a different barrel and firing pin than the units sent to the army. Would this be the same with all the GSh-18 pistols? That would be a pity because Russian arms are famous for being stronger than they need to be. For the factory to sell an intentionally weakened pistol does not seem like a successful marketing strategy.
    Could you please shed some light upon this matter please.
    By the way, from the photograph you posted you must be over six foot five as your hand is like a shovel.
    Absolutely not true. Also I cannot tell about other importers, so far we were getting Vikings with the same as military barrels and firing pins. GSh-18 shouldn't be weakened in any way.

And no I'm 5'8" with small hands GSh-18 is a neat little gun.

I have a video (have to find it) of me shooting +p+ Hydra Shok JHP ammo out of one of our stock Vikings at Genesee range. Here is the picture (note the ammo):

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Teapot's Avatar
    Hamilton, Ontario; the southern shore of Canada.
    For 2011, KPB Design Bureau announced a possible marketing of a civilian version of the GSH 18 with modified trigger and firing pin to comply with Russian gun law. This information was confirmed at the 2011 IWA show where a sample gun was displayed.

I take it from this that the barrels will be the same and only the trigger and firing pin will differ. Either the pin has a different head in order to differentiate it from the military one (as in primers indentations on cases left at a crime scene?) or the pin/spring are incapable of detonating harder military primers? As for the trigger I have no idea why this would be changed unless it is slightly better for competition shooting.
    If you could discover what these differences mean, Teapot2, we should all be appreciative. It is a very interesting pistol. Being made in Russia gives it the stamp of approval in terms of ruggedness and reliability.