Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread: Out of Stock Issue

I've dealt with Marstar for years off and on. The story is the same old same old. Though I agree with John's point of view in regards to the difficulties of running said business, I don't agree with the way it's dealt with. If I'm selling products on-line (which I do and have) the last thing I'm going to do when someone has a gripe, is waste my time by jumping on CGN and rolling up my sleeves and getting into a pi**ing match with someone who doesn't like the way I run my business. That time is better spent trying to address the issues and only makes you look bad/guilty when you're constantly going on the defensive. I can say the same thing about many other re-sellers who are more than willing to give you their ear, until they have your money. I've been through it with many. But hey, how about having a NATIONAL web-site, that is there for THE PEOPLES benefit, the FIREARMS COMMUNITIES benefit, a place to go for guidance and information like CGN. Pretty cool aye? Nice to have!!!! But the first time you go on to ask a question about a particular dealer or site sponsor that maybe you've had some issues with. BANG!!!! They kill your account. CLASSY STUFF. I remember a reading about a group from Germany during the 1940's that kind of had the same outlook on things.
    Sorry but if I buy from someone who ADVERTISES (sponsors) on this site and things don't go down the way I've been told they will, EVERYONE's going to hear about it.

Hmmmm.....wonder if my account will go again?

See ya.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    RATON57;
    " actually have guns in stock for sale according to this post."

What can I say, our current inventory is down to around 7,000 firearms....
    Quick we better close, nothing left....
    John
    But 7000 guns of one type is hardly inventory is it. You have to agree that you have a very poor record of getting new stock in. This site if full of threads of guns being promised and years later they sometimes show up. You try to be funny but you don't actually answer a guestion properly.

Some of us want guns we can use for certain things. Sks just do not work for shooting a coon off the back step. In my case it is the lever action 22 which has been out of stock for a long time and so far no hope of ever being in stock.

Raton has a point...

Iv checked the site lots for a norico .22 and they been sold out for what seems years

how hard is it to get those in?

other websites seem to be able to get products MUCH quicker

I've visited the Marstar web site many, many times over the last 6 years, and two facts are constant. Fact #1 is that 99 percent of the time, the item I am looking for, whether it be a scope mount, spare magazine, or firearm, is listed on the web site. Fact #2 is that I have never, ever found _any_ of those items listed as being " in stock" on the site.

I have heard nothing but high praise for John, his company, the products he sells and the service he provides. I just wish that just once I could actually buy something that I want and that is listed on the site.

Having worked in the industry for another site sponsor, I am very familiar with the paperwork mountain involved in purchase, shipping, importation and distribution of firearms - there's no doubt that it's a tangled mess. I know what it's like to receive a truckload of SKS's and to have to uncrate and de-goop them, then cross-reference all the serial numbers and get them properly entered into both inventory and registry. Not fun at all, and this for a rifle that sells for less than $200 apiece or thereabouts, before you can even begin to sell one. And that's for just one type of item. Multiply that by all the items kept in stock and it is, to put it mildly, a challenge.

Nevertheless, I find it frustrating to see items listed, often for tens of months, with "out of stock" next to them, and no indication that the item will ever be available again. I know John is aware of the situation, and is doing his best to fix it while still running a full-time business. I just hope that it will not be too much longer before the information situation improves.

I've been on both sides of the counter, so to speak, so I understand the difficulties, but also share the frustrations.
    "These [Islamic terrorists] are detestable murderers and scumbags. They detest our freedoms, they detest our society, they detest our liberties. . . We're not the public service of Canada. We're not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people." - Gen. Rick Hillier.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Yeah, .22 rifles. My kids basically grew up in the years waiting for those. LOL.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910