Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Out of Stock Issue

Just my 2 cents but the Marstar web site is a joke. Stick with the other sponsors.

Expired Business
    C.HIRSCH;
    Don't worry, when the new site comes on line in the very near future we will NOT show items out of stock.... That way we will not complicate your life or frustrate you....

John

Expired Business
    MIKEY BANG BANG;

"Stick with the other sponsors. "

Thank you for your support, much appreciated....

John

Expired Business
    I have repeated this many times, our new site is almost finished, we will go on line SOON, there will be many changes....

There will be a shopping cart, we will only show what is available for immediate delivery, there will be many features, such as managing your own account (past history etc).

I do beleive it will be the only firearms site not having your private information handled by a third party....

I realize that it won't make everybody happy, but we try....
    John

Wow, I didnt think that my question would create quite the stir.....LOL Anyways, thank you to John for the clarification. I have personally not dealt with him yet (due to what I had stated earlier), but hope to in the future. We need a good base of suppliers in this country, and should support them as much as possible. My apologies for jumping on the defensive a little too soon, but Ive been a newb, as well as a mod, on more than one site, and have little tolerance for disrespect or arguing over the internet. Thanks to the private pm from a member for some clarification. Lastly, kalilshnikov, should you actually have thought about what I said, you would have realized that I know that it takes a great deal of effort to import into this country, whether it be on the small or large scale, I NEVER said it was easy.
    Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest
    proud member of local 306 International Brotherhood of Jazz Dancers, Pastry Chefs and Nuclear Technicians

CGN frequent flyer Big_red_truck's Avatar
    i'm anxious to see the new web site , I have money burning a whole in my pockets like no tomorrow!
    I'm canadian eh , there's no doot aboot

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    I'm glad I have my tinfoil hat on the morning while operating the microwave oven.
    Rob

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jwirecom109's Avatar
    Although Marstar's stock on the website shows it out of stock, atleast it does that, some of the other sponsors in the past (no longer here) didn't tell you it was out of stock, took your money and you just waited.

I have always had good service from John and his staff even with the limited resources on his website, and look forward to seeing what John and his team come up with in the future for the way in runs.

Remember guys a webstore for as many items as John has, is very hard to put together, look at some of the other sponsors that have recently did it, took along time with alot of errors. I am sure john wants to get it right.
    The Only good Zombie is a dead zombie. Unless that zombie is in a room full of liberal pigs, enjoy your gun control. - Jwirecom109 (ME!)
    A government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.” - Ayn Rand

Last fall I attempted to purchase a SKS and ammo deal from Marstar. I phoned them to get a few photos; the first person was extremely helpful. A week went by, and I called to check on my order. This call was not as helpful (not sure if it was John, but he sure seemed like he owned the place). He told me that he did not have time to have his staff taking pictures of a $75.00 rifle, we do not have time to hand pick these, trust me. He said you will get a nice one. I accepted that, they probably get this all the time. A couple of days went by, and I called back to see if my order was processed, and a girl told it may be another few more days; they were backed up. So I canceled my order and ordered it else where. That afternoon someone called me (seemed like he owned the place) to process my order immediately and apologized for the delay. I may not have placed the largest order, but it is the long term business you earn. I have subsequently gone back to order rifles to find them out of stock. Norinco 22, 7.62x39 bolt and M305B. I have recommended this site to a lot of people; however, in the end they have experienced similar issues with stock. In the end, they and I have found what we wanted elsewhere. No offense but if I go to Cantire and they do not have stock I go to somewhere else, eventually if they continue not to have the items I want, I do not get mad; I just do not go there. I did manage to get one thing from Marstar, a synthetic stock for my Mosin Nagant.
    This is not meant to knock Marstar, just my experience. I am sure with a business that big there are a lot of satisfied customers.

BANNED
    What is with some of the kids on this forum cutting people down? Simply because they have a moderately high post count, due to bashing people....Why not slap the ban hammer on this Polaris goof?

Quote Originally Posted by stinkycod View Post
    No offense but if I go to Cantire and they do not have stock I go to somewhere else, eventually if they continue not to have the items I want, I do not get mad; I just do not go there.
    I couldnt agree more. In ANY type of purchase, from firearms to toilet paper, if the business is continually out of stock, or if Iam treated rudely, I simply will not shop there. I have almost sworn off Wholesale sports due to lack of stock and lack of customer service, thankfully a Cabellas is opening here in a few weeks, its going to be interesting!!
    Iam looking forward to seeing Marstars new site though, it sounds like it will be much more buyer-friendly
    Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest
    proud member of local 306 International Brotherhood of Jazz Dancers, Pastry Chefs and Nuclear Technicians