Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mp-438 successor of IZH-35M

Supporting Dealer

Mp-438 successor of IZH-35M

Would you be interested in this sport pistol if retail price will be $700-$750?

Last edited by TeaPot2; 04-10-2012 at 06:24 PM.

Most definitely yes! I can't believe more people haven't replied! Its predecessor was a huge success for Bullseye and ISSF competitions. I've been hunting the web right and left right now to buy one (or even the older 35-M) but I guess they are not in full production yet? As for the older ones, owners are not easily parting with them as you can imagine!
    I would be VERY interested in knowing what the production and export status of this gun is. Thanks!

Yes.
    Looks awesome.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Hmmm....it would be a very specialized (small?) market for these I would think. Best get deposits and a pre-order list rather than order a bunch and have them sit on your shelves.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 1895GS's Avatar
    It's missing a rail for light and lazers.

I don't really understand why this gun should be considered a specialized or small-market gun. However, I do agree that may have been the case for the IZH 35-M. I just don't understand why they were not more widely adopted. The gun's design is nearly identical to the Feinwerkbau AW93 (that's a $2300 gun in 2012!) so in terms of recoil and trigger adjustments this thing is FAR superior to the Model 41, the Ruger Mk ii/iii, Trailside, or High Standard. I can tell you because I've shot all three of them extensively, both for fun and for competition. Don't like my opinion? Fine, look at ISSF videos of international 25m rapid-fire competitions and you'll find some shooters shooting the IZH-35M and more shooting the AW93. Then you can also ask around on Bullseye-L list or go to the Bullseye Nationals at Camp Perry and see how many folks are shooting these guns.
    Finally, let's face it. We are not going to use a .22 pistol for defense. Maybe do some varmint shooting but primarily, we want to plink! So why on earth wouldn't people want a gun with awesome recoil behavior so they can shoot fast as heck!? AND still be more accurate than you can imagine (though I admit any .22 pistol is more accurate than it's shooter, unless you can shoot High Master scores).

What with a quality, is it any better then current Izhmex shotguns?

Supporting Dealer
    AFAIK AW93 and Izh-35M (new name MP-35M) is the same pistol. I spoke to Finewerkbau at IWA 2012 they confirmed that AW93 is of Russian design. At some point of time Walther marketed KSP 2000 which is also the same pistol.
    Last edited by TeaPot2; 06-20-2012 at 01:26 AM.

As far as quality, the finish on these guns has always been an issue, as ross956 knows. They need a bit of clean-up when you buy them, but like the popular IZH 46-M air pistol, that's the trade-off you make to get a gun of this sophistication at the price! Likely, you'll want to take it apart and clean it as soon as you buy it. Heck you may even need to debur some rough edges (as I had to with my 46M air pistol), but after that, it'll shoot great, and be happy. I guess the model is sort of like "some assembly required" but I'll take it for the price!

Yes.. I will buy one in an heartbeat.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast