Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks to Brian/Dan - Got my first AR!

Lookin good

Quote Originally Posted by lagerstatten View Post
    here are some photos after adding some magpul accessories also in the photos is the gsg 1911 tactical in blk with the faux suppressor in as well. Can't wait to hit the range today!

I want to shoot those guns
    Last edited by Scubasteve21; 04-14-2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: stupid emoticon didnt work

CGN frequent flyer
    K now we need a list of the farckles you added to the AR. That looks great! I need those sans the light.

Quote Originally Posted by corney View Post
    K now we need a list of the farckles you added to the AR. That looks great! I need those sans the light.
    The tacticool goodies are mbus sights, vortex strikefire, magpul afg2, magpul ctr stock, magpul rail covers (behind afg) and 2 lar 15 mags with coupler. (left light out because you said sans light

*i may be wrong with the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Shields2618 View Post
    The tacticool goodies are mbus sights, vortex strikefire, magpul afg2, magpul ctr stock, magpul rail covers (behind afg) and 2 lar 15 mags with coupler. (left light out because you said sans light

*i may be wrong with the stock.
    Yup you got it all right - the light was from DealExtreme, can't remember exact model but it was by Ultrafire (200 lumens).

Stellar set up though! I will have a similar set up on my nea once it arrives. How is your strikefire holding up? I have mine on my sks and had some issues with it holding zero when I take it apart to clean the rifle. Once I get it on the AR it will be permanently on there though.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lagerstatten View Post
    Some more photos at the range today with some friends:

I know that range.... very well...
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

nice

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    I know that range.... very well...
    I was going to say the same !

:D

Quote Originally Posted by Shields2618 View Post
    Stellar set up though! I will have a similar set up on my nea once it arrives. How is your strikefire holding up? I have mine on my sks and had some issues with it holding zero when I take it apart to clean the rifle. Once I get it on the AR it will be permanently on there though.
    The strikefire is holding up pretty well (for me). I'm no expert in optics but once I had it dialed in with the help of a boresight, it was perfect.

I haven't taken it off the NEA while cleaning so I'm having no issues with zeroing. I've marked where the strikefire mounts on the top rail so I can always put it back in the same place.

What I don't like about the strikefire are the flip covers. They flip up nicely but are a ##### to put back on securely. Are there any optically clear covers I can put on the front and back and just remove the flip covers? Similar to how you would put a UV filter on the front of your SLR lens to protect the glass elements?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast