Page 1 of 13 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Why would a EE seller ask for "scan of PAL and drivers to complete sale"

Why would a EE seller ask for "scan of PAL and drivers to complete sale"

I noticed that a few sellers start to ask for scanned PAL and other IDs.
    Is this even necessary or legit? There are not even much dealers asking for those.
    For example, Cabelas, Wholesalesports, Frontiers do not request those photocopies.
    I was wondering what all those new trends are about?!

Maybe I should start to ask for those next time I sell my toys:D.
    NFA, OFAH member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer starpuss's Avatar
    do you Want to sell a Gun to some 12 year old?

Thought so....

So you need to know they have there PAL!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    please delete
    Last edited by FLHTCUI; 04-12-2012 at 09:37 PM. Reason: delete please
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

I have been following this discussion for days here on CGN and I understand those who want to be cautious but I will not send copies of photo ID's to someone I do not know. Just as there might be people who you would never want to sell a gun to so there are people that you could never trust with copies of your ID. If it comes down to it I will walk away from a purchase before I send my ID to someone I have never met. Just my 0.02 cents worth.

I will also walk away from a purchase if the clincher is scanned ID. There are plenty other guns for sale in this country. We need to find a better way.
    Lefty describes the fact that I am a southpaw. It certainly does not reflect my political leanings. :D

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jusdivinum View Post
    I have been following this discussion for days here on CGN and I understand those who want to be cautious but I will not send copies of photo ID's to someone I do not know. Just as there might be people who you would never want to sell a gun to so there are people that you could never trust with copies of your ID. If it comes down to it I will walk away from a purchase before I send my ID to someone I have never met. Just my 0.02 cents worth.

I agree 100%

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brordo's Avatar
    And once again...the seller has no right to those scans...they're not required or asked for by legislation. I will not hand them over just to appease someone who can't make a phone call to the CFC...it goes both ways. If I was a buyer, I don't know YOU from a hole in the wall so why would I give you scans of my ID. Now with that said...I'm also somewhat perturbed by the CFC asking for DOB...the only reason I can think of is to separate the numerous "John Smith's" that might be in the system. However, why not go for my mother's maiden name and other info that will help with ID theft? I think I've got a retinal scan kicking around here somewhere...sheesh!
    μολὼν λαβέ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RemingtonMarlin View Post
    I was wondering what all those new trends are about?! Maybe I should start to ask for those next time I sell my toys:D.
    Fear and paranoia... Just move along to the next rifle. All you need to provide is your PAL #, full name and date of birth so they can verify with the CFC. Otherwise, might as well include your passport, major credit card, fingerprints and DNA sample...
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

Very well said. That's all I want to know so that there is no "special" new things that I have missed. Personally, I would not hand over my IDs to total strangers without absolute justifications.

Thank you ALL very much.
    NFA, OFAH member

That's too much information for me already. I only provide address, full name, and PAL number. That's all required by CFC operators to transfer the firearm based on my experiences. Can a 12 yrs old apply a PAL?

Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post
    Fear and paranoia... Just move along to the next rifle. All you need to provide is your PAL #, full name and date of birth so they can verify with the CFC. Otherwise, might as well include your passport, major credit card, fingerprints and DNA sample...
    NFA, OFAH member

Page 1 of 13 12345678911 ... LastLast