Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just Right Carbines 9mm, 40 S&W and 45 ACP

Good day all,

I just bought the JR Carbine in 45ACP. I must say, its very fun to shoot. The rifle feel very much like like an AR. IT got some great features; like the interchangeable ejection port and the cocking handle make it perfect for right and left handed shooter. But, of course, the rifle is not perfect, it actually got some major design weakness.

So, for a start, before I went to the range, I cleaned and inspect it like any new guns... I was desapointed to see how long it took to take it appart. It required a bunch of tools that should have been sold with the rifle. If you want to clean the bolt, you'll need to remove the extension tube / butt stock. So, dont forget to buy the special wrench you need to unscrew it. So, Fieldstrip is pretty much out of the question, Ill only take a boresnake when I go in the field.

There is no take down pins, everything hold in places with hex screws. So i recommend verify he tightness of them at every shooting session.

The gun come with a nice, 6 positions, commercial collapsible stock, but for some reasons, a pin has been drilled in to lock if in place. It can be removed easily with the right tools, or you can buy a nicer one.

Conclusion, very fun to shoot, nice features considering the low price. Youll be happy with it if you Dont expect to have the reliability and quality of an H&K UMP45.
    Last edited by Ethan; 04-08-2013 at 05:23 PM.
    NO COMPROMISE

CGN Regular
    I have one in 9mm use it for hunt coyotes. I think some of the 40s & 45s had some trouble. I can say I have had one jam in about 500rds. The pin is in the stock due to US export rules. I phoned JRC to figure out the best way to remove it. I like mine. Is it over priced yes but it is fun.

CGN frequent flyer Trigger_The_Rookie's Avatar
    I love my JR Carbine. One of my favorites for sure.
    The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren’t enough criminals, one makes them. -Ayn Rand
    NFA: NO COMPROMISE

i bought one in .45, jam-o-matic, fiddelled with it, did all the factory upgrades...FAIL
    took it back to the store and traded it for a .40, it seems to run fine......

i have one in 9mm. Runs flawless! Can't see myself ever getting rid of it.

have a jr in 9mm with over 5000rds no failure to feed, fire or extract, 10 rd mags and nr to boot, much more accurate than my 582 mini-14 and cheaper to shoot. would definatley recomend one. you do require a high sighting system, i have a bushnell fakecog on mine, anything lower is to low

I just ordered the 45 version today. played with it in the store, wrote up the bill, and at the last stage, he decided to grab a brand spankin new one he had "in the back" rather than selling the open one on the shelf. Got it to the range a few hours later only to find out it was the .40 version, not the .45. GAH! The store is a 2 hour drive one way... *sigh* I guess I'll report in sat or sun with a Success/Fail report.

I reload, and have a mountain of .45 components, otherwise i'd have just kept the .40.

Range report. Swapped it at the store for the correct 45acp version. put about 200 rounds thru it with no gun issues. I had 2 mags and the one mag would stovepipe the last live round (Failure to feed). Using the other mag I bought, it was flawless. Started with 50 rds of factory blaser 230g (a gift from the store for the mixup), then burned thru 100 rds of 230gr jacketed RN reloads, then 50 lead reloads. I only had issues with the last round feeding from the one mag. Once I ditched that mag, the next 150+ rd were perfect and accurate. It does put a tiny scratch on the empty brass, but I would need a magnifying glass to see it once the brass was tumbled clean. Freestanding with a red dot scope I can have 3 of 5 shots touching, all 5 within 1 inch at 25 yards. If the weather wasn't so mucky I'd try it at the 100yd range for accuracy. Until then, I'll see about getting this Mag swapped under warranty.

BANNED
    I got jr45 in nov 2012 and have put 1300 rounds through it, but had many feeder problems, stove pipes, and ejector issues. The gun is fun to shoot, after fixing the glock mag springs, then it stops the feeding issues. But the gun still randomly jams. And now the ejector plat on the side of the gun, stopped bouncing the empty shells out the side of the gun, needs part replacement and may need other parts. Not a part of warranty.

Let me know if/when you get any JRC Key Mod Rail type carbines in 9mm in stock, could you?

Thanks,
    Mike

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast