Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Norinco Makarov

CGN Regular
    How much is Norinco Mak? I reckon it should ring you about $250 tops.
    I never heard of anyone having to work it with a file. On the contrary, I heard good reviews and what I am seeing in the google pictures is decent looking finish on the gun and parts.
    Where did you guys get the info that NP19 have to be finished by the user?
    "The semi-automatic weapons’ menacing looks, coupled with the public’s confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons — anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun — can only increase that chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons." — Josh Sugarmann, 1988

Quote Originally Posted by m-134 View Post
    same thing i always say. expetialy for the SKS's and tokareves. why would someone pay the same amount for a norinco copy wich is made from the crapiest of all medals, and still needs to put a fair bit of work into it for sanding/fileing the edges and stuff down so it functions properly and doesnt slice your hand up (like mine) while you can get the real gun, made from good medals, and was even trusted by the military for the same price and sometimes even cheaper. thats my personal opinion.
    military norinco sks for 75$. http://www.marstar.ca/main/images/$75-SkS.jpg

Where can I find a cheaper russian or yugo sks ? Chrome lined barrel on the norc and all matching serial numbers.

metal, not medal

Quote Originally Posted by Small_axe View Post
    Are there Norinco Makarovs without the extension that were granfathered-in in Canada?
    I have one. A commercial T59. Runs like a top. I have also owned the "59 Shi" marked military model. Same.
    "They went with songs to the battle, they were young,
    Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
    They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted;
    They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning
    We will remember them."

-Laurence Binyon "For The Fallen"

Quote Originally Posted by eos View Post
    I have one. A commercial T59. Runs like a top. I have also owned the "59 Shi" marked military model. Same.
    I've never seen a grandfathered Makarov in person. I don't think I've ever seen a photo of a grandfathered Makarov. As someone who owns a few, could you speculate on how many you think there are?

I've seen everything from Nazi PPK's to 80 year old snubbies in archaic calibers, but no Makarovs. I wonder why that is, they couldn't have been too expensive back in the early 90's?

Every gunshop I've been to in the US, even ones in the crappy states has had at least two. Were they once at least close to being this popular in Canada before the Lieberals s**t all over our freedoms?
    89AA04004

CGN Regular
    Mak can't bee too expensive. There probably was just no exports.
    This is a blow-back gun for a low-pressure cartridge. There is nothing to it, but crappy trigger and fancy logo (sickle and hammer).
    Looking at $450 price tag I just shrug and walk away. Same goes about Importammo's rifles - way too overpriced.
    "The semi-automatic weapons’ menacing looks, coupled with the public’s confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons — anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun — can only increase that chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons." — Josh Sugarmann, 1988

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockenshpiel View Post
    Mak can't bee too expensive. There probably was just no exports.
    This is a blow-back gun for a low-pressure cartridge. There is nothing to it, but crappy trigger and fancy logo (sickle and hammer).
    Looking at $450 price tag I just shrug and walk away. Same goes about Importammo's rifles - way too overpriced.
    You are one cheap bastard if you think 450 dollars is expensive for a pistol.....

I'd rather pay the extra 200 bucks and get a proper handgun. I doubt they would come in at 250 dollars anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by cadgo View Post
    Interammo ^^ up at the top.
    Interammo sells .380ACP Makarovs. I would like a Makarov in the original 9x18 Makarov.
    (>​_o)┏━ ~~~~~~~⊃

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish-Jack View Post
    Interammo sells .380ACP Makarovs. I would like a Makarov in the original 9x18 Makarov.
    They sell them in both calibers...

Quote Originally Posted by cadgo View Post
    They sell them in both calibers...
    I must have missed that. Took a second look and there it was. Thanks.
    (>​_o)┏━ ~~~~~~~⊃

CGN Regular
    I got one of the Maks in 380 auto. It's a fun gun to shoot. I don't have 12-6 so for 450 plus. To me it was worth it. Interammo the guys are great to deal with.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast