Thread: Website Errors - Now Updated. + Canada Post

Website Errors - Now Updated. + Canada Post

fyi, your web store often isn't accessible. When I try to go there, I get a red bar with the message: "Can not execute database query. Please contact site administrator. " Sometimes it lets me in if I refresh a bunch of times, but sometimes not. Happens to me on multiples computers.
    Last edited by dangertree; 05-08-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kombayotch View Post
    fyi, your web store often isn't accessible. When I try to go there, I get a red bar with the message: "Can not execute database query. Please contact site administrator. " Sometimes it lets me in if I refresh a bunch of times, but sometimes not. Happens to me on multiples computers.
    Thanks for posting this. I read it at the time and went back to work with the software manufacturer. The sites back-end has been significantly modified and upgraded and I hope you will not encounter such errors in the future. If you do, please do let me know.

Also largely fixed, shipping price calculation. For example, some products were calculating quantities as if each item was a separate shipment.
    So, 1 CTR = $17 shipping (includes full insurance and sig), 2 CTR = $34, 3 CTR = $51 shipping, add a Pistol Grip, +$16, etc. This should be all sorted out now, and instead, added weight or insured value regulate price, so 1 CTR = $17, 2 CTR = $20, add Pistol Grip +$2, etc.

We do not make profit on shipping. What we charge you is what Canada Post charges us. If you are shopping on our site and you encounter something that seems out of whack, please hit the email button and send us a quick note, even one sentence, we'll fix it and get back to you.

What is NOT fixed is display of Expedited vs Xpresspost shipping. We can offer both options, but cannot specify which items Xpresspost can be used for, and we cannot ship firearms by Xpresspost. However, as our customers know, if the item is not a firearm, and the shipping charged covers Xpresspost, particularly what can fit in and can safely be shipped in various Xpresspost envelopes, they go Xpresspost.

End result, want to know how much something will be to ship? The site offers a shipping quote without even having to sign in. Just add whatever you are interested in to your cart, and the option to 'Get a shipping quote' will come in the next window. Enter your Province and Postal Code and Canada Post will calculate your cost, fully insured and sig required. If you think, 'this would cover Xpresspost' (say a small $300 item for $19), then that's probably how you'll receive it, though the only price quoted is Expedited.

There doesn't seem to be a workaround for this. We've never set the rates for shipping, always been Canada Post, save for the adding error listed above, now solved, which was corrected before and without cost to anyone who experienced this.

Finally, when it comes to shipping prices, I would like to say that I realize that other firms advertize 'flat rate shipping' for probably less than the price in our shipping calculator, but I also know (because I've ordered for myself), that those 'flat rates' don't include insurance or signature, which are added and when added, generally equal or exceed the 'straight up' rate we quote. And, we upgrade to Xpresspost whenever possible.

Hope that clears things up somewhat.

Any questions, fire away please.

Got a site bug from www.armseast.com/store/ Please shoot me an email at info@armseast.com or post it here, we appreciate it.

Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.

Arms East's Online Shopping
    CGN AEI Forum

info@armseast.com

SALES: 844-579-0007
    Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.