Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What can I bring into Canada in terms of parts?

CBP regularly sets up checkpoints at the Queenston Lewiston Bridge right before driveway for the canada bound duty free parking lot.

They check IDs and ask if youre exporting stuff.

P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Bastard View Post
    Not trying to start a debate, and, knowing that there are multiple active threads on this topic, and, yes, I'm (generally) law abiding... But, where does one get checked by the (I'm assuming ATF?), when leaving the U.S.? Travelling by land, from US to Canada, I've only ever dealt with Canadian customs agents. And, I must say, each and every encounter has been a positive one....

Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Bastard View Post
    Not trying to start a debate, and, knowing that there are multiple active threads on this topic, and, yes, I'm (generally) law abiding... But, where does one get checked by the (I'm assuming ATF?), when leaving the U.S.? Travelling by land, from US to Canada, I've only ever dealt with Canadian customs agents. And, I must say, each and every encounter has been a positive one....
    At the peace arch in the lower mainland, they often have guards on the port of entry into Canada doing random inspections.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer v65magnafan's Avatar
    And, they have undercover observers at WNY gun shows and the post office box businesses.

CSSA NRA CCWx40 Instructor Tactical Pistol
    A liberal is a fascist who hasn't seized your guns yet.

WoW! I did not know that.....
    It aint rocket science!!

So to be clear, if I can't find a Ruger 10/22 barrel band, or replacement magazines or Nikon scope with rings or bipod etc, I can't drive to Michigan, go to Cabelas and buy it there and drive home? I would be breaking US export laws?

Quote Originally Posted by mmeechan View Post
    So to be clear, if I can't find a Ruger 10/22 barrel band, or replacement magazines or Nikon scope with rings or bipod etc, I can't drive to Michigan, go to Cabelas and buy it there and drive home? I would be breaking US export laws?
    you would be 100% correct!

Quote Originally Posted by tungngroove2000 View Post
    you would be 100% correct!
    Interesting. What about supplies? Cleaning tools, gun cases that kind of thing?
    And does the US not allow export, or is there just a process that needs to be followed?

Quote Originally Posted by mmeechan View Post
    Interesting. What about supplies? Cleaning tools, gun cases that kind of thing?
    And does the US not allow export, or is there just a process that needs to be followed?
    Tools are fine. Cleaning, reloading, gunsmithing tools are all OK for export out of the US without paperwork. Cleaning supplies like lubricants, Hoppes and other consumables are all OK for export without paperwork. Gun bags, range bags, gun cases, safes and lock boxes, even slings are all OK. Books, magazines and some DVDs (for some reason some tactical training DVDs have been declared ITAR restricted for export) are OK as well.
    Fusilier
    Webmaster for:
    IPSC NS - www.ipscns.ca

Sorry to wake up an old thread, anyone know if rails, light/laser mount on rails, or rail mounted scopes be an issue bringing back from US to Canada?
    Last edited by Zector; 03-12-2015 at 09:46 PM.

When I ordered a timney trigger from Brownells I had to fill out a form saying I was only using it not for resale or something like that. Got 2 stocks from boyds and didn't need anything. I think I read on their site somewhere about you're allowed to bring $500 worth of parts now instead of $100...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast